MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Mono Price Maker Select V2 Software/Hardware Failure

Please Login to Comment

Symptoms

I will start printing something and some random amount of time later (usually within 5-10 minutes) the printer will go "haywire". The axis never move in tandem with another during this malfunction, they do move incredibly slow however compared to normal printing speed. If during these movements the axis hits a limit switch it will stop in that direction, if there is no limit switch the belt starts jumping on the gear when it runs out of room. If the Z axis starts moving (I have yet to see it try to go down) it usually goes up at least ~10mm.

Modifications

-Uninterrupted Power Supply (battery back up, will be referred to as UPS from now on) plugged into the wall outlet, and printer plugged into UPS. I figure this is when the problems started, and by now has probably "fried" the circuit board to such an extent it needs replacing.

-Replaced the original circuit board with Mega 2560 + Ramps 1.4 and flashed the it with Arduino (both the original circuit board and new have seen use and both are showing the exact same issue only after the problem initially started. I didn't think to disconnect the UPS when problems started or after I replaced the original circuit board).

Other potentially Important Information

-Slicing program is Simplify 3D
-All designs were pulled from Thingiverse. The object I was attempting to print was a Benchy

Just because you can, drop the UPS from the configuration (plug it straight into the wall), reload Marlin, and try a different part to print.
Can't hurt, and you'll verify if the UPS is contributing or not.
My .02¢

Hey, please forgive the delay in my reply. I've just finished re uploading the marlin firmware. Went and tried to print a benchy. Aside from the printer needing obvious calibrations and other such changes, the print went for about an hour before anything went wrong. Same problem except for one change. This time the printer left evidence of what happened on the SD card. Plugging the SD card back into my computer this is what I see in Simplify 3D (assuming the picture loads). I had just loaded the benchy onto the sd card earlier this afternoon and everything looked good when I clicked save to SD card.

Also thank you for taking the time to help.