MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Filament stop issue

Please Login to Comment

Let me start by saying that I am new to 3D printing. I just got a maker select for Christmas as most people do. I did a few test prints and they turned out ok. I made a filament guide and that printed fine as well. Yesterday I started the print for the z axis brace modification. This was going to be a 18ish hour print. I check it many times and everything was fine. I got up this morning and noticed that the nozzle was about 3mm away from the objects and no filament was extruding. I grabbed the filament softly and noticed I could pull it right out. I pushed down on it a little and the filament started to feed in and then started to extrude. I scrapped that print and started it again. This time it did the same thing only after 1.5 hours. Any idea what is happening? I was wondering if maybe the extruder was set to hot and maybe it started to melt before the feeder wheels. I did lower the temp on the second try.