MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

I3 Modification Kit Interest

Please Login to Comment

Hi,

I've had the Duplicator I3 for a while now and it is fully upgrades with all of the modifications. I was thinking about putting together and selling a kit that includes everything you need to add most of the modifications (ex. glass bed with thermal pads, microswiss hot end, z-brace hardware, thicker y-axis carriage, diicooler fan and fan shroud, mossfet (optional for who needs it)).

Most people here have probably already done the modifications, but for people who haven't, would a full kit with all the parts and hardware included be something you are interested in? It would be a plug and play kit with everything you need without any trips to the store.

Please let me know what you think, thanks!

That is a good idea. I thinking about pulling the trigger on getting the monoprice select v2. Would one of those kits included mega ramps 1.4 board, modfest board, z bace mod hardware, and glass buildplate.

Thank you for the input. My plan would for the kit to include the mosfet board, z brace hardware, glass build plate, radial cooling fan, and upgraded thicker y-axis carriage because the stock one warps very easily.

Appreciate the feedback!

I like the idea, but the kit would probably cost a decent amount, so people might consider a different printer at that point. Also, I don't see why you would ship them the 3d printed parts, considering they already have a 3d printer.