MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Start/Stop G Codes for Kossel 180 x 180 x 300 Printer

Please Login to Comment

Does anyone have or know where to find the start and stop G codes for the knockoff Kossel (Delta) Printer 180 x 180 x 300. The ones in Cura 4.1 don't work.

That video refers to cleaning a printer clog. Not start/stop g codes for the printer. What g codes do you use? Could you please send g code if you have.

Thanks.

Your nozzle is leaking a lot. No gcode will help with that.

I don't use Cura, but I believe this is the original start- and endcode coming with the original AC Kossel:

Startcode:

;Sliced at: {day} {date} {time}
;Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}
;Print time: {print_time}
;Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g
;Filament cost: {filament_cost}
;M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
;M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line
G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M107 ;start with the fan off
G28 ;move to endstops
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
G1 F{travel_speed}
;Put printing message on LCD screen
M117 Printing...

endcode:

;End GCode
M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F{travel_speed} ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G28 ;move to endstops
M84 ;steppers off
G90 ;absolute positioning

The ones you provide move the extruder but did not heat up. Use one from a Monoprice machine I have and it worked. However, when the print start the extruder temperature drops. When I look at the machine setup I notice that these G-codes for some reason makes both the fan and extruder idle. What can I do to fix? The G-codes I used are "G90, M82, G28, G29, C-0.8 Z0.3, G1 Z15.0 F-4800, G92 E0, G1 F200 E3,G1 F4800".. What G-codes do I need to add or change in this string to correct. By the way is the command for the extruder on E0 or EO? Please advise if you can. Thank you so much.

You had to uncomment the M109-M190-lines (remove the ; at the front). Since i don't use cura i didn't pay attention. The start Gcode doesn't much more then heating up and set your extruder.

You can check your exported Gcode in windows-Notepad or any other text-editor. If the temperature still drops, check and search for "M104" lines in the Gcode (M104 is set temp without waiting). M140 for bed-temperature

It is E0 (zero).
The G29 (probes and auto-bedleveling) is wrong for the Kossel when you don't have a permanent leveling-probe attached.

A great site to check the meaning of Gcode-commands: https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code.

If your temperature drops (left side of temp-reading on screen) and doesn't come up again, there is something wrong. As said before, the photo you send shows a big leak at the nozzle. That can influence your readings. Such a leak will damage your hotend and ruin your prints.