MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

ONE DEAD A5 CAN ANYONE HELP

Please Login to Comment

I have a JGAurora, It's about 6 months old. I turned the printer on and got the beep, as it normaly does on bootup. I then loaded a file from a usb stick, it loaded OK. When I looked in the Pre-heat folder both bed & Extruder read 0/0 despite after several minutes of pressing buttons I came to to the conclusion the printer was dead.

I cheked the PSU and all seemed OK, reading exactly 24v. As the screen was working I asumed the display board is working OK; After one and a half hours mooching around, I couldn't find any faults and decided to change the mother board. I Installd the new board, with no change. Getting desperate now, I changed the hot end heater and thermistor, and a new bed. Nothing changed. As a last desperate attempet I chaned all four stepper drivers too.

I downloaded Pronterface (A new program for me) and configured it for my setup. When I tried to connect all I got was.....M105 (I should say that I Have a good knowledge of ports seting up etc) I understand that M105 i think it means computer cannot conect to device.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Ian

Just tried Ponterface again, I didn't get the usual M105

This is a dump:

Connecting...
[ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): call to ClearCommError failed
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed ([Error 5] Access is denied.)
[ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): call to ClearCommError failed
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed ([Error 5] Access is denied.)
[ERROR] Aborting connection attempt after 4 failed writes.

1st thing
Pronterface will not connect if there is any other program is using that port and no 3d printer software like cura is running.
So make sure thay are close and try to connect.

Things to try:
1) A different USB Printer cable
2) Set Baud rate to 250000
3) Try different Com ports
4) Reinstall the CH340 (either by installing Arduino, or from this web site: https://sparks.gogo.co.nz/ch340.html)
5) Turn off the printer. Connect the PC to the printer without powering on the printer. The controller board will still boot from the USB power and respond to connections and gcode commands if its not fried.
6) If 5 works, open the printer and check the power cables from the Power Supply to the controller board and from the controller board to the hot-end. Make sure the screw-down connectors are tight. They tend to come loose after a while as older A5 had soldered tipped wires into the screw-down connectors and the solder flows out of the pressure zone after a while.
Hope this helps/

Ok lets take that one step at a time. I don't know Pronterface but reading the error messages it reads like you lack the permissions to even access your serial port with this program. Serial Communication is too dumb for "Access is denied" meaning anything the receiving device has caused.