MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

.STEP to STL

Please Login to Comment

Hi, Hello to everyone
I am completely new to Fusion360. I have taken the steps to convert a file to STL for printing to no avail. Apparently the version of F360 I installed on my Mac is outdated. The original STEP file was downloaded from GrabCad. I uploaded it to Autodesk MyHub and then within the F360 convert it to F360 format. When I double click the converted STEP, I get an error dialog box reminding me to update the F360 and clarifying the newest version that I need is not on Apple App store yet.
So, here I am, hat in hand. Could someone please open the STEP in Fusion360 and create individual STL files from the three elements of the mechanism. It's an interesting take on Geneva Mechanism

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Now I have all needed to start my work on this timing mechanism. I am not sure how to message the moderators on this forum to inform them. I hope somebody will close this thread

Why don't you go into the security settings on the MAC and disable the setting that ONLY allows you to download "Apple app store" software? This way you can download the upgraded Mac software.

I tried your suggestion for updating the Fusion360 on my Mac. Unfortunately, the newest F360 require newer Mac operating system ( and better hardware ). Currently, I am running ElCapitan ( MacOsX 10.11.6 ) on a 2010 MacPro tower. Oh well, perhaps I have to upgrade now.

Try these - read on and make sure you backup your own stuff, or better, install on a separate SSD then run Fusion on it

http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/
http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

and you probably need to replace your current GPU with a slightly modern nVidia GPU, even a budget one will do
I use a GT710 on a Macpro 3,1 (early 2008)

@kwongkan, thank you for the wisdom. This is exciting. My existing MacPro is an early 2009 with two nVidia GPU installed ( GT120 and Quadro 4000 ). I received it instead of salary for a summer job many moons ago. The Quadro4000 is showing it's age and may not be powerful enough for complex works in Fusion360. That said, on my local Kijiji I just found a MacPro 2010 with a Quadro k5000 that claims to support Mojave METAL very well. The owner is going to install Mojave and she is allowing me to install Fusion360 on it before making the final decision for the purchase. And all that for $700 Canadian that I may be able pay by working for her. Win - Win!

I should have though of this before. Here's an F360 *f3d file to try as well.

Thank you very much Eric. I ended up importing your STL files you created into TinkerCad at school. They worked great
I will also try to upload the .f3d you shared into F360 and work with it as TinkerCad is very limited.

Thank you Eric,
I will try them on my personal computer at home. At school we only have TinkerCad installed