MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

New Season, New Ideas

Please Login to Comment

Hi. My name is Jonah and I am on Team 8956 Pyrogen (check out our FRC team 1912 Combustion). I wanted to make this topic because I think sharing ideas is good.

FTC 5484 found that unsupported usb connections made our lives hell! We need to design a phone mount that can attach to standard actobotics parts, have a supported usb input and is easy to access for the coders. We made a 3D print last year that worked pretty well. This year we want one that can attach to a servo motor for directional pointing of the camera. I'll keep you updated and make public the final design.

Our team (8956 Pyrogen) had the same exact problem last year. I found a part off of thingiverse that just might help http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1773469 Our team used a thick piece of plastic and milled it out to fit the dimensions of the ZTE phone. We should be doing something similar this year for the Motorola phones. For "on the robot usb reliefs", we found two parts off of thingiverse that worked very well during competition (I say it like that cause we were at a demo and the "connection went out". Well, turned out that we got worked up over nothing. The app just closed out LOL) (I'm rambling on again aren't I....)

MotorolaG2 Mount For FTC Robot

What my team used last year was a small piece of lexan with a usb hub on it. It had velcro so you could interchange phones

This is a great idea, especially the box. I had also about having some sort of box/holder thing, but I hadn't really looked into it. If i end up cadding(spelling?) or making anything, I'll put it here. Also, any ideas for cable management for the controllers/gamepads?
Thanks,
Eric from Team 8417 The 'Lectric Legends

I need some help. I am trying to CAD an FTC phone/controller station for when we actually compete. We want something to where the drive captain can easily carry the "box" sort of thing and keep the cords from tangling. If you guys/gals have any ideas or parts that could help us, please post them here or email me at happyj1@outlook.com