MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.
I warped my base plate and replaced it with one 1/4” thick. I have been trying to change my Z distance setting since but it does not seem to take.
I used Repetiere on my Mac to determine the exact Z distance from home as 308.2mm. I disconnected Repetier and using Marlin in Arduino changed the Z distance from the old 315 to the new 308.2mm, then saved and uploaded the revised Marlin code to the arduino controller. However, the distance on the LCD for Z remains at 315 causing the head to strike the base plate during auto calculation.
I have repeated many times without success, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
Did you re-initialize EEPROM after the Marlin update? You have to manually issue "M502" then "M500" to replace last saved values with current build defaults.
I have just re-uploaded Marlin to Arduino and using Repetier sent the M502 and M500 codes.
I rehomed the printer but the LCD display remains at 315 instead of 308.2.
I am afraid I have something else wrong.
Is EEPROM_SETTINGS defined in your configuration.h ? Just asking because it won't actually allow saving to EEPROM without it. Are you using main Marlin distro, or G-Force 9 distro? ( https://github.com/LVD-AC/Marlin-AC/releases/tag/G-force9-AC ) The latter should come with reasonable defaults for this machine and necessary bits enabled.
I have the G-force9-AC Marlin and do not have enough knowledge to work with the EEPROM_SETTINGS as I read there are risks.
At this point I plan to download a new copy of Marlin and start from scratch as I did when I built the printer as that process worked.
Thanks for the help and suggestions made.
Gecko23, thanks for your prompt response. You are saying after I upload Marlin to the Arduino I need to go back to Repetier and send the M502 and M500 codes. This I will do today.
However, I am new at this I would like to understand why after changing the Marlin code, saving it on my Mac in Arduino and then uploading it to the Arduino why I use another piece of software to save the uploaded revisions to the RAM and EPPROM of the Arduino.
Can you explain or point to where I can learn.