MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Changing settings in Marlin.

Please Login to Comment

I warped my base plate and replaced it with one 1/4” thick. I have been trying to change my Z distance setting since but it does not seem to take.
I used Repetiere on my Mac to determine the exact Z distance from home as 308.2mm. I disconnected Repetier and using Marlin in Arduino changed the Z distance from the old 315 to the new 308.2mm, then saved and uploaded the revised Marlin code to the arduino controller. However, the distance on the LCD for Z remains at 315 causing the head to strike the base plate during auto calculation.
I have repeated many times without success, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
Thanks

Did you re-initialize EEPROM after the Marlin update? You have to manually issue "M502" then "M500" to replace last saved values with current build defaults.

I have just re-uploaded Marlin to Arduino and using Repetier sent the M502 and M500 codes.
I rehomed the printer but the LCD display remains at 315 instead of 308.2.
I am afraid I have something else wrong.
Help?

Is EEPROM_SETTINGS defined in your configuration.h ? Just asking because it won't actually allow saving to EEPROM without it. Are you using main Marlin distro, or G-Force 9 distro? ( https://github.com/LVD-AC/Marlin-AC/releases/tag/G-force9-AC ) The latter should come with reasonable defaults for this machine and necessary bits enabled.

I have the G-force9-AC Marlin and do not have enough knowledge to work with the EEPROM_SETTINGS as I read there are risks.
At this point I plan to download a new copy of Marlin and start from scratch as I did when I built the printer as that process worked.
Thanks for the help and suggestions made.

Gecko23, thanks for your prompt response. You are saying after I upload Marlin to the Arduino I need to go back to Repetier and send the M502 and M500 codes. This I will do today.
However, I am new at this I would like to understand why after changing the Marlin code, saving it on my Mac in Arduino and then uploading it to the Arduino why I use another piece of software to save the uploaded revisions to the RAM and EPPROM of the Arduino.
Can you explain or point to where I can learn.