MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Flashforge Finder Error!

error flashforge flashforge_finder Help

Please Login to Comment

Hi,

I was printing something and my printer just stopped and the LCD screen went black. The extruder kept extruding filament. I had to unplug it from the mains to stop it. The print was only going for 2 hours when this happened. I have added no add-ons to the printer. Could someone please help me?

Thanks

Start with the simple things. Make sure that the plug from the LCD screen to the main board is plugged in completely. There may be a plug on both ends. Make sure all the plugs to the various motors are plugged in. You know that the stepper motor and heater for the extruder are working since the printer kept extruding. This also means that your power supply is good. Visually inspect the main board for burnt traces or components that appear to be burnt or cracked. If you find anything like that, you will need to replace the main board. Just look for loose wires and plugs. Turn the machine on and see what it does. Does it start trying to extrude when you turn the power back on or does it seem to do what it normally does when you turn it on (not counting the lack of display)? If it seems like it is trying to start normally, then your processor is probably ok. Wiggling wires around can sometimes find a loose connection or broken wire inside the insulation. Don't be afraid to try this. The voltages everywhere inside the machine will be no more than 24 Volts, so there is no real danger of being shocked.