MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

NinjaFlex

Please Login to Comment

I have a Flashforge Creator Pro, and I want to try and print with ninjaflex. I have a roll of the filament now. I used the Flashforge standard slicer software FlashPrint.

It comes with a few basic settings for PLA and ABS. I go into the advanced version of that too change a few settings here and there to get better prints. But I'm not sure where to start with NinjaFlex?

Anyone here print put this on their Creator Pro?

I have a FFCX which has almost been upgraded to a Pro at this point. I have all-metal hotends, a part cooling fan, and hardened steel nozzles for printing abrasive materials. I use Simplify3D as my slicer.

The FFCX uses Sailfish firmware, and by default the extruder loading speed is much too fast for NinjaFlex. So I need to push it through by hand and start a print to purge the old material. Second, Simplify3D does a purge line at the start, and this too is much too fast for NinjaFlex, so I had to manually change the G code to slow it down. Lastly, and this should now be a pattern you recognize, I had to slow down the default print speed considerably when printing with NinjaFlex. I get reliable prints at 1200mm/m (or 20mm/s).

One final tweak I had to make was with the retraction settings. I had to increase retraction from 1mm to 2mm to avoid stringing.

I found that NinjaFlex can have a hard time purging other materials from the nozzle that require higher temperatures than it does -- such as ASA or Nylon. When changing filament from something that requires higher temperatures, I always push through a little lower temp ABS. It does not seem to have a problem with that. (I would not use PLA for this because it gets really nasty when the temperature gets too high.)

I've printed other E-TPU on my creator, Palmiga E-tpu. They have good advices on a site that can be used for other brands too. https://rubber3dprinting.com/
Then i print E-TPU put my roll of filament over the printer, no tubes. I use PLA profile, but change the retraction to 0 and speed to 20 or 3mm/sec

Any other Ninja Flex users on the Creator Pro?

Yes, it can work pretty well but you need to be aware of a few things. I don't use FlashPrint, so you'll have to figure out on your own where to configure these things.

• This material is so soft that the extrusion multiplier becomes really significant. With this method, I determined the EM to be about 1.11. This means that to extrude 100mm of filament, you actually need to ask the printer to extrude 111mm. In the (unlikely) case that you cannot edit the EM, you could also configure a filament diameter that is 1/sqrt(1.11) of the actual diameter (for instance 1.66mm instead of 1.75).
  • This needs to be extruded extremely slowly, otherwise it will under-extrude terribly. As a rule of thumb, I try not to exceed an effective extrusion rate of 1.5mm³/s (taking the extrusion multiplier into account). To achieve this (with 0.2mm layer height), I have limited extrusion widths to 0.5mm and speeds to 16mm/s. If you can export a .gcode file, you can open it in gcode.ws and set 2D render options to ‘mm^3/sec’ to verify what volumetric speeds you're actually getting.
100mm extrusion calibration for FlashForge Creator Pro
by DrLex

You can change the Extrusion Ratio in Flash Print. In the advanced version, under the advanced sub-menu, in the "others" block.

What slicer do you use? I have Cura for my CR10. But I have only ever used FlashPrint for the Creator Pro since I've never had any issues with it.