MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

New to printing

Please Login to Comment

Hi all. I'm very new to 3D printing. My wife bought me an Ender 3 Pro for my birthday last month. I am enjoying learning to use it and learning how to create 3D models. I do have a question though. I recently went online to purchase more PLA filament from Gizmodorks. The problem is that the filament that I purchased is 3mm in diameter, and we all know that the Ender 3 Pro accepts 1.75mm filament. Is there a mod available to allow the use of the 3mm filament or do I need to return this filament that I accidentally bought?

Congratulations on getting your first 3D printer! Getting 3mm filament is a common error and easily fixable by returning the filament. If you really want to, you could replace the Bowden tube and nozzle, but that would probably cost as much as the filament. Otherwise, there is no way to use the 3mm filament unless you recycle it, which can cost a few hundred dollars.