MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

To fast or not enough plastic?

Please Login to Comment

With small or medium parts it works but when i go for thin or large objects i get this problem, one side is fine but the others either have layer separation or under extrusion. Could it be that im printing to fast? im using cura 50mm/s print speed and 60 mm/s for infill at .18 layer height using matter hackers pla at 210 C. Or do i need to up the amount of plastic that it puts out? Thanks.

The filament will cool more quickly in the upper layers; this can cause delamination (rarely) or the underextrusion you are seeing. I would try 220C and see if that helps.

Also try to deactivate z hop in cura,i had a similar problem and i solve it with the z hop deactivasion.

Looks like the layers are not bonding, so if you slow your print speed it should help.
I think your Hot End Temp is fine for the MH PLA filament, but you could try adding another 5 degrees if slowing the print speed doesn't help.

Thank you! i will try that