Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

(More) Ender 3 Cura profile updates [updated aug. 13/19]

Please Login to Comment

This comment is currently flagged for moderation.

Update! I just uploaded the new profile for the Ender 3.

Where is the profile file to download? sorry im newb :D

I've updated the profile there as well as here. It should print beautifully. Have fun :)

Sorry about that. The original profile can be found here:
Note that the changes listed in the todo/changelog lists have not been made to it yet.
https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/ender3/forums/general/topic:36169#comment-2458459

The original post I linked in this here along with the download on the files and my remix of the profile https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3574369.

All credit to @Ender3Guy for the profile

ENDER 3/ Ender 3 Pro/ Ender 3X TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE AND HOW TO REQUEST HELP
by SHENKOE

I think the layer shifts are printer dependent. I have not experienced any shifting using the settings you posted previously. I have changed things here and there, but I mainly keep the speed settings the same, although somehow slower than my profile by about 20% @ times). I have to really sit and compare them one of these days to see what is different from mine.

I like the setting as is, except the obvious, the support distance and resolution (stated above) and the printing temp. I do adjust the jerk and acceleration, but that is dependent on the model I'm attempting to print and the quality I am looking for.

I also migrated some of your setting into slic3r pe and the results are night and day. I will post the xyz cubes I did later today. Same filament, temps, speeds and any other settings I could accurately migrate over. Will try to post a completely tested profile, one that has been tested for the usual bridge, accuracy, etc etc.

Ok, I have to see this.
Actually, I use a derivative of Slic3rPE called Slic3r++. SuperMerill on Github is the developer, and he's done some impressive work towards adding new features and fixing issues that the PE team doesn't believe exist.
I've removed the accel settings from the todo list. I think darcdrake was the only one who experienced this so I'll dismiss this as a one-off.