MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Help loading TH3D_UFW_U1.R2..7.

Please Login to Comment

Been trying to get the Ender 3 running with TH3D off and on for about 3 months.
Followed the company video over and over with no success. They were not able to help.
Would like for someone to stick with me to get this printer working.
I am not a techie by any means.

dlw

Did my Ender 3 last night successfully. Found that this video was easier to follow https://youtu.be/fIl5X2ffdyo

As it was specific to Ender 3

Yep, that video is good.

I just flashed my Ender 3 partially using that video.

I wasn't able to follow it completely, as I don't have Arduino UNO board at hand, so I used my RPi 3 (which I use for Octoprint) to flash the bootloader and then TH3D UFW.

For anyone interested not spending few bucks on UNO and waiting for it to arrive, here is a link for the RPi based procedure:
https://jango.si/post/3dprint/flashing-ender3/

First Problem:
Attache UNO board to PC.
Go to Tools, and it shows WiFi firmware updater, Board "Arduino UNO" arduino as isp, and COM5. Click on upload.
The error reads: Make sure you have Sanguino selected from board menu.
Go back to board menu and select Sanguino 1284P.
Try it again and get the same error.
Please help.

So you are currently at the "burn a boot loader" stage? Have you been successful in programming the UNO as ISP or is that where you are stuck? The UNO has to receive the ISP programmer code as a first step prior to connection to the Ender 3 controller.

If you haven't had any luck programming the UNO as an ISP, use a simple program (like the "blink" example) for testing your connection attempts. Don't try setting it as an ISP until you are comfortable with the Arduino IDE upload to UNO process.

If you are confident the UNO has the ISP code loaded, the other critical part is having your jumper wires between UNO & the Ender 3 control board correctly connected. The jumpers are providing your communication between UNO & Ender 3. If they are wrong, no communication...

BTW, I am assuming you are using a real UNO. If it is something else, please describe it.

NikDFish,
Can you help using Quick Assist in Windows 10?
If the COM port problem was solved, the printer might work.

dlw

https://youtu.be/fIl5X2ffdyo
Following this video. His first suggestion of connecting PC to UNO is where I am at.
The error posted is what happens when trying to upload. See my first reply.
When trying to load boot loader, the following error appears:

Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows 10), Board: "Sanguino 1284p, ATmega1284P (16 MHz)"

C:\Users\dlwy3\Downloads\TH3D_UFW_U1.R2.7\TH3D_UFW_U1.R2.7\Windows Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\dlwy3\Downloads\TH3D_UFW_U1.R2.7\TH3D_UFW_U1.R2.7\Windows Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega1284p -carduino -PCOM5 -b19200 -e -Ulock:w:0x3F:m -Uefuse:w:0xFD:m -Uhfuse:w:0xDE:m -Ulfuse:w:0xFF:m

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\dlwy3\Downloads\TH3D_UFW_U1.R2.7\TH3D_UFW_U1.R2.7\Windows Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM5
     Using Programmer              : arduino
     Overriding Baud Rate          : 19200
     AVR Part                      : ATmega1284P
     Chip Erase delay              : 55000 us
     PAGEL                         : PD7
     BS2                           : PA0
     RESET disposition             : dedicated
     RETRY pulse                   : SCK
     serial program mode           : yes
     parallel program mode         : yes
     Timeout                       : 200
     StabDelay                     : 100
     CmdexeDelay                   : 25
     SyncLoops                     : 32
     ByteDelay                     : 0
     PollIndex                     : 3
     PollValue                     : 0x53
     Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
       Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
       ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
       eeprom        65    10   128    0 no       4096    8      0  9000  9000 0xff 0xff
       flash         65    10   256    0 yes    131072  256    512  4500  4500 0xff 0xff
       lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
       lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
       hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
       efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
       signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
       calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : Arduino
     Description     : Arduino
     Hardware Version: 2
     Firmware Version: 1.18
     Topcard         : Unknown
     Vtarget         : 0.0 V
     Varef           : 0.0 V
     Oscillator      : Off
     SCK period      : 0.1 us

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000 (retrying)

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000 (retrying)

Error while burning bootloader.
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000
avrdude: Yikes! Invalid device signature.
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Sorry, still want to know if you are using a genuine UNO. Also, please describe exactly the individual steps taken, do not gloss over steps. Do not make assumptions about what you can omit in the description. The program process dump does not provide the answers regarding what you are actually doing.

I don't know whether or not you have been successfully communicating with the UNO. I do not know your level of familiarity with Arduino programming. You need to verify the capability for communication with the UNO before you try to load the ISP program. Have you done that (verify a successful program load to the UNO)? This could be as simple as to run an example INO file like the "Blink" example code to verify that you can successfully upload to the UNO (in the IDE: files->examples->blink) & run the code. Break the process into simple steps & test as you go. That is the easiest way to spot problems & correct them.

You can't burn a bootloader until you can first load the ISP (In-circuit Serial Programmer) code the UNO. I don't see anything suggesting you have done so.

The process overview is: connect UNO to PC. compile & upload ISP (In-circuit Serial Programmer) code to UNO. connect UNO to ender 3 via jumpers. burn bootloader via transfer from PC to ender 3 via UNO acting as ISP (In-circuit Serial Programmer). The UNO board is the hardware actually "burning" the bootloader code onto the ender 3 based on the data passed from the PC.

Once the bootloader is in place you can then access the ender 3 via the USB port directly from the PC & use the Arduino IDE to compile & upload new firmware as desired.

OK, went back through tutorial.
Programmer is loaded as is the boot loader.
When trying to install the firmware, the following error appears:

error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Sanguino' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

Sanguino is in /Arduino/hardware/Sanguino.

Some useful information/visuals that might allow us to figure this out faster are: what timestamp in the video are you having issues and a picture of your arduino connected to the ender 3 with the jumpers.

If you follow the video exactly you shouldn't be getting these issues.

Maybe even some screenshots of what you are clicking on in the custom arduino IDE provided by TH3D

OK, now I'm more confused. You say "Programmer is loaded as is the boot loader. When trying to install the firmware, the following error appears:" Does this mean you have already burned the bootloader successfully and are now trying to actually do the firmware update on the printer? As I said earlier, please be precise & complete in describing what you are doing & how. What is connected & how. I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase by making incorrect assumptions.

On a separate note, have you previously been able to control the printer directly from the PC via the USB port? What is the baud rate for the printer's com port for the printer when it is connected directly to the PC? Knowing you can access the printer via USB is a prerequisite for doing a firmware update.

OK, now I'm more confused. You say "Programmer is loaded as is the boot loader. When trying to install the firmware, the following error appears:" Does this mean you have already burned the bootloader successfully and are now trying to actually do the firmware update on the printer?

Yes.

As I said earlier, please be precise & complete in describing what you are doing & how.

Trying to flash firmware.

What is connected & how.

The PC via USB cable.

I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase by making incorrect assumptions.

On a separate note, have you previously been able to control the printer directly from the PC via the USB port?

No, used microsd card.

What is the baud rate for the printer's com port for the printer when it is connected directly to the PC?

Do not know now. Yesterday. W10 recognized the printer on COM1. Today it does not. Therefore, I can not find the baud rate.
Control Panel, Devices and Printers does not recognize it now.

OK, first things first. You need for windows 10 to recognize the printer before you can update the firmware.

The best place for working with com ports is "Device Manager". You get there by right clicking on the "This PC" icon & selecting "Manage" from the pull-down. When the computer management window opens, select "Device Manager" from the list in the left panel. When the Device Manager panel populates, you can find a bulleted item "Ports(COM & LPT)".

If no ports are currently recognized, there won't be a "Ports" item. This is where you can watch while trying a disconnect/reconnect of the USB cable between printer & PC. If you right click on the top item on the Device list (your computer's name) you can select "scan for hardware changes". This will possibly get the printer recognized after a disconnect/reconnect sequence (especially since you indicate that the PC has recognized the printer in the past & assigned a com port.

Getting the printer recognized is a pre-requisite to trying the firmware update. What kind of USB cable are you using for the PC -> printer connection? Any chance you can try a different cable. I say this because some USB cables are strictly intended for a power connection & not data. (If it is not the same cable that was used when the device was recognized previously)

You said windows 10 saw the printer yesterday & assigned a com port. Was this before or after you did the bootloader install? If it was before the bootloader install, you may want to try re-doing the bootloader. From what I've read, a failed install can make the device not visible to device manager & no com port gets assigned.

Assuming your printer control board is not a version 1.1.4, then if you need to force a driver install, you can find an executable installer for FTDI drivers here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Look at the "Currently Supported VCP Drivers" table for your architecture. An executable version of the driver installer is accessible via a link in the "Comments" column.

If your control board is a version 1.1.4, you need to use CH340 drivers. TH3D has an entry for this in their knowledge base:
https://www.th3dstudio.com/knowledgebase/ch340-drivers-th3d-uno-creality-v1-1-4-board/

If your control board is a version 1.1.4, you need to use CH340 drivers. TH3D has an entry for this in their knowledge base:
https://www.th3dstudio.com/knowledgebase/ch340-drivers-th3d-uno-creality-v1-1-4-board/

The version of the control board is stock from as far as I know.
Control panel says the drivers are CH340 on COM5.
So, I did as the link suggested. Download and installed the driver suggested.

A simple question:
When first inserting the USB cable to the UNO board, the 'l' light flickers then stays on all the time.
It does not blink as the TH3D video suggest. Is this a problem?

After the first step to the UNO board, this is the result:
avrdude: 4402 bytes of flash written.
avrdude done. Thank you.

I assume the programmer is flashed.

Now there is a new problem.
Disconnect the UNO board from PC.
Attach cables.
Reconnect connect the UNO board.
Only one light flashes once then turns off.
There is no 'l' light blinking or even staying on.
No LED on on the main board.

The cables are connected correctly.

Not sure if the "L" led (aka pin 13 led) is an issue. I understand It can behave differently on different arduino revisions. I think it will blink on board boot up & may blink during sketch load on the UNO. Later (Rev 3) boards may have random behavior on that led when the pin is not explicitly addressed.

My UNO is an older model & the "L" stays lit unless an on-board program changes it. The drivers for my UNO specifically reference an arduino.inf file, no reference to CH340 or FTDI.

On your UNO board Is the "on" LED (power) lit? It is on the far end from the USB connector on my UNO. If not, check the USB cable between UNO & PC.

Regarding drivers for the ENDER 3 board, the board on mine is a v.1.1.3 and uses FTDI drivers for serial port. I got it in December 2018 from SainSmart.

If your printer board is currently visible, please look & verify the board revision number. If you have a 1.1.3 board, I'd think you should be using FTDI drivers. I took a look at the literature regarding the 1.1.4 boards & it looks like that version came with a bootloader already installed - so would not require one to be burned. As far as I know, the 1.1.4 boards came in the ENDER 3 PRO. Is your machine a PRO model or just a regular ENDER 3?

Not sure if the "L" led (aka pin 13 led) is an issue. I understand It can behave differently on different arduino revisions. I think it will blink on board boot up & may blink during sketch load on the UNO. Later (Rev 3) boards may have random behavior on that led when the pin is not explicitly addressed.

My UNO is an older model & the "L" stays lit unless an on-board program changes it. The drivers for my UNO specifically reference an arduino.inf file, no reference to CH340 or FTDI.

On your UNO board Is the "on" LED (power) lit? It is on the far end from the USB connector on my UNO. If not, check the USB cable between UNO & PC.

Yes.

Regarding drivers for the ENDER 3 board, the board on mine is a v.1.1.3 and uses FTDI drivers for serial port. I got it in December 2018 from SainSmart.

If your printer board is currently visible, please look & verify the board revision number. If you have a 1.1.3 board, I'd think you should be using FTDI drivers. I took a look at the literature regarding the 1.1.4 boards & it looks like that version came with a bootloader already installed - so would not require one to be burned. As far as I know, the 1.1.4 boards came in the ENDER 3 PRO. Is your machine a PRO model or just a regular ENDER 3?

Ender 3 is what was ordered. Came with 1.1.3 board.
Downloaded and installed FTDI drivers.
The site suggested downloaded a CDM21228_Setup folder with a setup file included. Installed it.

This is the previous state of it all:

No lights anywhere on board except when the UNO board is attached to the PC.
No lights when the cables are connected. The cables are on correctly.

Reinstalled the programmer. This is what the answer is:
avrdude: Device Signature = 0x1e950f (probably m328[)

The flash was a success.

After connecting cables to burn bootloader, no light are on either UNO board or printer board.

This is what happens when trying to burn bootloader.
Tools menu no longer shows a COM port.
And, of course, it does not work. Can't open device ".\CoM5":

Does the printer LCD menu (with no external connections) show up normally when the printer is first powered up or is it blank?

Not sure if this was answered. The screen is blank with no cables attached.

Sorry, I'm not sure what to try next. If the wiring is correct, and the jumpers are making a good connection, the process should work. It wouldn't hurt to double check the jumpers to make sure there are no hidden breaks.

Hopefully someone with more in-depth Arduino experience can chime in with a suggestion. Pictures of the boards with the wiring set up for programming might provide some insight regarding the problem in re-running the bootloader install (assuming the last one was bad).

If the last bootloader install attempt actually worked, then the real issue becomes why the PC/windows 10 is not finding a serial port for the printer. If you have the FTDI drivers on-board the PC, it should get recognized.

With the printer attached to the PC via a USB cable & powered on, when you go in Device Manager and look at the device listing, are there any "Unknown USB Device" entries (or something similar?)

With the printer attached to the PC via a USB cable & powered on, when you go in Device Manager and look at the device listing, are there any "Unknown USB Device" entries (or something similar?)

Control panel shows:
Ports (COM & LPT)
USB Serial Port (COM1)

Nothing looks unusual.

Is COM1 the printer?

That's a good thing! If the printer is recognized, even though the menu screen is blank, that means the last bootloader install worked & does not need to be redone. You should not need to connect the UNO to the printer from this point on. The only connection being made should be printer & PC.

You should re-examine the steps of the actual firmware flash via the Arduino IDE. The com port being specified should be COM1, the printer. The baud rate should be 115200. Check with Device Manager to verify, but that should be the speed.

In the arduino IDE tools menu, you should have as selected: Board - " Sanguino 1284P" ; Processor - "ATmega 1284P (16mhz); Port - COM1.

If you are using the TH3D package & started the IDE with their batch file "OpenFirmwareWindows", you should already see their firmware sketch files & be seeing the instructions (repeatedly) saying all changes are to be made in the configuration.h file.

Have you already made & saved the changes to the configuration.h file needed to customize the firmware for the Ender 3?

In the arduino IDE tools menu, you should have as selected: Board - " Sanguino 1284P" ; Processor - "ATmega 1284P (16mhz); Port - COM1.

This is what is there.

If you are using the TH3D package & started the IDE with their batch file "OpenFirmwareWindows", you should already see their firmware sketch files & be seeing the instructions (repeatedly) saying all changes are to be made in the configuration.h file.

Does not happen.

Have you already made & saved the changes to the configuration.h file needed to customize the firmware for the Ender 3?

No.

That is really odd. Did you download & install the full TH3D unified firmware package from their website? If you did so, the Arduino IDE splash screen should look like the attached image.

Starting the TH3D version of the Arduino IDE with the firmware INO files ready for editing & upload is done by going to the location where you unzipped the TH3D unified firmware zip & navigate to the directory "FIRMWARE_LOADER". In that directory, you will find the bat file: "OpenFirmwareWindows.bat" . That is the file you should be using to start the IDE.

Before starting the IDE, it is a very good idea to open and read the text file in the same directory named "READ ME BEFORE STARTING.txt" . There is information there you need in order to properly apply the changes needed to configure the files for the ENDER 3 before compiling & uploading.

Can you locate the files to which I'm referring?

That is really odd. Did you download & install the full TH3D unified firmware package from their website? If you did so, the Arduino IDE splash screen should look like the attached image.

Yes. Paid the $21 for the kit.

Starting the TH3D version of the Arduino IDE with the firmware INO files ready for editing & upload is done by going to the location where you unzipped the TH3D unified firmware zip & navigate to the directory "FIRMWARE_LOADER". In that directory, you will find the bat file: "OpenFirmwareWindows.bat" . That is the file you should be using to start the IDE.

It is there and used it to try to get the new firmware.

Before starting the IDE, it is a very good idea to open and read the text file in the same directory named "READ ME BEFORE STARTING.txt" . There is information there you need in order to properly apply the changes needed to configure the files for the ENDER 3 before compiling & uploading.

Can you locate the files to which I'm referring?

Yes. Step 6 can only be completed when printer is recognized. Yes or no.
How are the M500 and M502 commands sent to the printer.

Specifically, what did you see after clicking on the OpenFirmwareWindows.bat file? Did you see the splash page for the TH3D version of the Arduino IDE? Are you saying it did not open the firmware bundle? Following launch of that .bat file, it should leave you in the Arduino IDE, open to the file TH3DUF_R2.ino. There should be a ton of file tabs for various .h files visible but not focused. Does that happen?

Why do you need the m500 & m502 commands at this point? Firmware is not yet loaded. The marlin firmware needs to be in place to parse the m500 & m502 commands. Get the firmware loaded via the Arduino IDE & the USB connection to the printer & then those commands will be relevant.

What step 6?

Specifically, what did you see after clicking on the OpenFirmwareWindows.bat file? Did you see the splash page for the TH3D version of the Arduino IDE? Are you saying it did not open the firmware bundle? Following launch of that .bat file, it should leave you in the Arduino IDE, open to the file TH3DUF_R2.ino. There should be a ton of file tabs for various .h files visible but not focused. Does that happen?

Yes.

The photo you sent does not appear. Just the TH3D version of Arduino.
Step 6 is in the configuration_h sketch and in one of the files you mentioned.

Have you made the necessary changes to configuration.h for use with the Ender 3? If not, do so, then compile to verify. This can be done without uploading to the printer.

The 'Make sure you have Sanguino selected.
Sanguino is selected.

Should Sanguino be deleted and reinstalled?

Your comments tend to be a bit cryptic without context.

If you are talking about the steps listed at the top of the configuration.h file, the M500 & M502 references were for printers that have a firmware currently installed. If yours has only had the bootloader burned & nothing else, then you don't have a functional firmware in place.

If you have made the necessary changes to the configuration.h file to set it up for the Ender 3, then you can use the check mark button at the top to double check that the file will compile properly. It does not involve an upload to the printer, it is just a compile check.

The board "Sanguino 1284P" should be the current selection on the tools pull down menu. Please note that this does not involve any uninstall/reinstall process, it is just a selection telling the compiler the target platform. The printer does not need to be connected to do a verify step.

If the compile verification succeeds, then you can think about actually connecting printer to PC & doing an upload.

With the printer attached to the PC via a USB cable, you need to verify that COM settings are consistent between what the Device Manager shows & what the Arduino IDE has, in your case both should apparently be COM1. I assume the baud rate setting is 115200. Use Device Manager to verify this before trying an upload, change it if necessary. The Arduino IDE will be trying to communicate with a Sanguino 1284P board at 115200.

Before trying the upload, verify the tools pull down has the following settings:
board= Sanquino 1284P
processor= ATmega1284P (16Mhz)
port= COM1

If all the above are true & the printer is powered on & connected via USB, you should be prepared to launch an upload. It will take what seems like a long time, be patient until the IDE progress window indicates the process is complete.

The following is what is on the tools menu.

Before trying the upload, verify the tools pull down has the following settings:
board= Sanquino 1284P
processor= ATmega1284P (16Mhz)
port= COM1
Programmer Arduino is isp is there also

When compiling, the need Sanguino installed error appears.
Compiling will not complete because of the above error message.
When trying to upload the firmware, the Sanguino error appears once again.

The printer is connected via USB cable. The screen is blue with no text.

Also, the photo you sent shows a background behind the Arduino text.
When starting, there appears to be a background as the photo shows.
However, it goes away instantly.
Is that a problem? Did the kit have the correct files, possibly?

My response has been flagged. Whatever that means.
I'm going to take some time off. I'm frustrated.
I may try again later or dump this printer and buy something different.
I truly thank you for your help.
You have been generous with your time and knowledge.
Thanks again,
dlw.

Actually I think it was my reply that got flagged. I edited it after posting to add a screen shot of the IDE tool menu. The addition of a picture may have been what got it flagged - don't know .

"Arduino as ISP" has no impact if you are not burning a bootloader & do not have the UNO in circuit.

Compliling to verify does not require anything to be connected to the PC. It only requires the proper selections to be present in the "Tools" pulldown menu. Did you use the check mark to initiate a verify compilation? If not, please do this. It is part of the diagnostic process.

Prior to trying the firmware upload, did you verify that COM1 is showing in the Device Manager? Did you verify the 115200 baud rate for COM1 in the Device Manager? How long is the USB cable between PC and printer?

The picture I attached was from a screen grab during the startup of the TH3D version of the Arduino IDE on my PC. It is a splash screen & only present until the IDE is ready to go. After the initial setup, it will only appear for a very brief period at startup. I attached it so you could verify that you are starting the TH3D version.

The only reason you would get a "Sanguino needed" type message is that you did not have "Sanguino 1284p" selected for "board" on the "Tools" pulldown menu. This error would occur at compile time.

If you have "Sanguino 1284p" selected on the Tools pulldown menu and attempt a firmware upload but do not have the printer connected, or the COM port is not recognized, you do not get a "Sanguino needed" type message.

After compiling is complete and the program attempts to communicate with the target processor, you would get a generic "an error occurred while uploading the sketch" message in the orange highlight bar between editor & process messages window. In the process messages window you would see something like the following ( I inserted =========== lines for seperation):

===============================================
Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows 10), Board: "Sanguino 1284p, ATmega1284P (16 MHz)"

Sketch uses 126864 bytes (97%) of program storage space. Maximum is 130048 bytes.
Global variables use 5021 bytes (30%) of dynamic memory, leaving 11363 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 16384 bytes.
D:\3D-printing\TH3D_UFW_U1-R2-10d\Windows Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CD:\3D-printing\TH3D_UFW_U1-R2-10d\Windows Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -V -patmega1284p -carduino -PCOM1 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\vendo\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_607630/TH3DUF_R2.ino.hex:i

An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "D:\3D-printing\TH3D_UFW_U1-R2-10d\Windows Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM1
     Using Programmer              : arduino
     Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device ".\COM1": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude done. Thank you.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

==================================================

I generated this by clicking on upload without having a USB cable attached to the printer.