MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Replacement SD card reader

Please Login to Comment

Hi
I have a Balco touch. it's the re-badged Wanhao i3 plus.
Mainboard v5.2c
My problem is a failed SD card reader, the card no longer locks into place.
I can replace it easily if I can source a replacement SD card reader.
Can anyone help, please?

Probably your best try is to replace the slot on the board if you can remove the old one without damaging the soldering points...you can get sd slot for less than a dollar...get one without the spring if you can...nothing to break...

Thanks for your response valand70.

I think we are referring to the same thing. Slot on the board, to me it's the card reader.
I have the mainboard free from the printer.
The slot/reader is the part which needs replacing, soldered joints not an issue.
I live in the UK and need to find out where to buy a replacement part in this country.
The old one yes the spring out.
I have tried it with the SD card pushed in the slot it loads asks chose a file but will not respond to any file selected.

I have sent an email to Balco explaining my problem unfortunately, they need 48 hrs to reply to each request.
I have answered two of their email questions so far.
Possibly they could provide the part number needed or more information to help overcome this problem.
If they do I will post on here just incase others have this fault in the future.

You can find the part easily online, there are different slot models with different pins configuration but each model normally look different that the other. Look for one that look like your one and should be fine. Get one or two, should be a dollar or so each...if you have the option, get one without the spring latch...