MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Long pauses resulting in heat creep

Please Login to Comment

My 3D45 seems to pause during prints, I've tested the gcode on my Ender 3 and there is no pause, so these stops are specific to 3D45. In general this isn't a problem when I'm printing with PLA and ABS, however when using any brand of PETG this long pause combined with 250+ temperature causes the filament to expand.. then when it resumes the rest of the print is completely underextruded. I can't even change filament because there is such a big clog in the nozzle. This is happening every print above 240, but there is no issue whenever I have a very small print and no long pause occurs.

Anybody else experiencing this? I'm about to revert to the previous firmware to see if that resolves the pausing.

There was a post on reddit that explained the same thing (I had pauses too).

Basically they sent the person a new PCB board (the green one in the hot end assembly, under the cover).

Me personally, I had long pauses printing at anything over 80mm. Once I slower it down to 50, no more pauses.