MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Centering pieces on other pieces

Please Login to Comment

Hi everyone! Playing around with a design and getting a bit frustrated. I want to center one of the objects on top of another but I cannot figure out how. Using TinkerCAD. It's difficult to move things along a certain plane, I cannot seem to click an arrow and shove a thing a tiny bit that way or anything. Does anyone know how I can move something in relation to something else rather than in relation to the grid?

AutoDesk's Fusion 360 (F360), FREE, and many other CAD packages have what are called assemblies, where you define relationships to align parts and fit them together. There are usually simple relationships, like mate faces or center align circles and arcs. I don't personally like the interface of F360, but that is more to do with I don't use it often because I have other packages I am more familiar with, Solid Works.

F360 is FREE though, so give it a try. Lots of tutorials on YouTube about F360.

Oh lordee, there's an "align" function. Man, I'm great at this. Nevermind! Thanks though!