MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Bigtreetech SKR mini E3 for CR-10 mini?

Please Login to Comment

Has anyone tried out how would this control board fit inside cr-10 control box? I don't need sd card at all, i always print via usb.

It looks really nice in the specs with that price.

Hi all, and sorry for not answering anything for a day.

As soon as i posted yesterday, i got "this post is flagged for moderation" when accessing this url and couldn't reply or edit my comments. Thingiverse seems to have had a lot of serverside problems in the last month or so.

Anyhoo - here is the product:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042895478.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.3fa41df2fPzKyw&algo_pvid=4619b6bd-2681-4a54-a3a3-caf13a3bc804&algo_expid=4619b6bd-2681-4a54-a3a3-caf13a3bc804-0&btsid=066c65fb-65a8-495e-8941-f6e9e2d103b7&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_53

I gathered from here and elsewhere that this, and all ender 3 -compatible control boards fit also to all cr-10 control boxes and are suitable for the components also.

This control board is hard to get at this time, as the trinamic chips are sold out everywhere. I ordered this board but i am expecting that they ship it out not sooner than end of october 2019.

Thanks for you all for your replies!

Ehhh...if you could provide some links to the product you are talking about maybe someone could help u at a more extended capability

Have an SKR mini E3 and compared it to the controller board in my CR10 (original) - looks to be a straight swap. Have just used used some thermal epoxy to set the heat sinks on the mini E3 (don't like using the double sided adhesive that much when I have better material.) Not sure when I will get the time to do the swap - want to ensure I can do a build of the firmware first.

Only issue I see is may not want to use the bolt hole near the center of the board (not that close to center!) to hold the board down. There are some components very close to this mounting hole on the board. Hopefully the clearance around this hole is better on the new V1.1 version of the board (there is reference to the version 1.1 of the board on their GitHib page for the board.)

Due to the shortage of TMC2209 drivers, expect to wait at least a month before the SKR mini E3 boards ship again. If you do not want to wait, the SKR E3 DIP with a set of TMC2208 drivers is about the same price.

The SKR mini E3 is working great in my CR-10. Did a successful 2.5 hour print with the only noise being the cooling fans in the printer controller box - most of the fans were previously changed to quieter fans, but not that quiet.

It appears there is no EEPROM support at this time. Hopefully there will be EEPROM emulation option on the SD card soon, as there is on the SKR Pro V1.1 firmware.

EEPROM emulation for mini E3 (not tested yet, received this on Facebook from BigTreeTech):

Open them in Configuration.h:

define EEPROM_SETTINGS

define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

define EEPROM_AUTO_INIT

Close

define SRAM_EEPROM_EMULATION in the pin file of the board.

Finally create an empty file "eeprom.dat" in tf card, and then insert the card into the card reader on the board

This comment is currently flagged for moderation.