MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

BLTouch Auto Homes correctly, but doesn't trigger during ABL

Please Login to Comment

I recently added a BLTouch to my CR10S5. When I Auto Home, it works perfectly, but when I try to Bed Level from the LCD, it doesn't trigger on the bed. It does trigger with my finger during bed leveling.

Any Thoughts?

BL Touch Version 3 does not work properly on Creality printers. I followed this video to fix my CR-10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFxalLOZOI

I originally thought that it was a V3.0, but I looked at it today, and it says V2.2. Do some of those have the same issue as the V3.0?

My BL-Touch V2.2 worked perfectly until I broke it with a huge print fail. The BL-Touch V3.0 had the issues that I mentioned before. I followed that video that I shared with you and my BL-Touch V3.0 is working perfectly now.

The part that has me stumped is that your V2.2 works when you trigger it with your finger, but it does not work when it hits the bed. What is the difference? A solid object should trigger it in both cases. A solid finger should be the same as a solid bed as far as the BL-Touch is concerned.

Good luck!

The fact that it auto-homes correctly, and works when I touch it with my finger, tells me it probably has something to do with the firmware. I haven't tried to run bed leveling with G-code from the command line yet, only the lcd.