MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Bed Wobble

Please Login to Comment

I finally received my CR-10, but the bed has over 1/8" of wobble from side to side at the rollers after they've been tightened. Any one else run into this?

I ran into the same problem but tightening the spacer doesn't do anything to the wobble, also i noticed that i could only stop some wobble one one side the other side looked different anyone know why?

The CR-10 has 'eccentric spacers' installed. You will find them on one side of each wheeled gantry. If you look at the wheels you will see that one side seems to have extra nuts instead of spacers. Put a wrench on these 'nuts' (included in the tools for the CR-10) and turn them to snug up the gantry. Turning one direction will move the wheel closer to the beam and the other will move them farther. You don't want the gantry to be really tight but you don't want it to wobble at all either.

I had the same issue but was able to just tighten the 6 roller wheels to remove the wobble.
This guy had the same problem as you, check about 16 mins into the vid for his solution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P25vxxEYRLg

Once done I had to then auto home the nozzle , level the bed using the paper technique, then auto home and repeat 3 times to get the bed level right.
I'm now getting some very good prints. I tried a layer height of 0.05 ...this will blow you away, takes a long time though but way better results than my Anet A8. Plus there is an option to change filament, I've been experimenting with multi coloured prints :-)...love this machine....

Good luck

You should not need to do what the guy in the video did. The rollers on the right side of the bed should have nuts to adjust. Use them to loose the wobble.

Yes, those nuts are the eccentric spacers. Just rotate them slightly to move the wheels closer to the extrusion.

Same problem as OP. Took the wrench supplied in the kit. If looking at the CR-10 from the front, on the right there are 2 of the wheels that have these nuts. On the front ones all it needed was a minimal tightening (to the right) to stabilize the platform. Thanks for all of the responses to this topic.

Thank a lot, had the same problem and was not a lot of work to do it this way.

Done. It took about 10 minutes to adjust them and level the bed. Not bad....finally ready to print.