MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Marlin 1.1.9 on CR-10S swapping extruder and x-axis motors

by Bandi77

So I just updated the firmware from stock to Marlin 1.1.9 using PrintSolid's guide to write it myself. After updating, it seems to have swapped the extruder motor with the x-axis motor. It's like a total swap. When I try to move the x axis, the extruder moves very quickly, and when I go to advance the extruder, the x-axis moves very slowly, like it's using the extruder e-step, and it only moves when the nozzle is heated. I then tried to update again using PrintSolid's hex file, but no change. I then tried to use the TH3D firmware build and again, no change. I looked over the options in config.h and didn't find anything that looked like it defines the different motors. PrintSolid's guide did specify to change some pins settings, so I'm wondering if that's where it went wrong. I'm afraid understanding how to change pin settings on my own is a bit beyond me. Any ideas how to fix this?

View Comment

Has anyone gotten Marlin 1.1.9 to work on CR=10S?

by macd2point0

I was playing around with Marlin 1.1.9 over the weekend. It's got a lot of new features, including Creality's power loss recovery. One slight problem, I couldn't get it working. The Z axis failed to home, it went up instead of down, and then the printer required a reset.

I tried with the included CR-10S example configuration, I also tried with my custom configuration set up for ABL. In both cases, X and Y home as expected, bute the Z axis raises a few mm, pauses, then raises a few more mm before stopping. The LCD then reports "Homing failure" and requires a reset.

Has anyone gotten Marlin 1.1.9 to work on CR=10S? If so, how did you do it? I have the feeling that there's a false somewhere in Configuration.h that should be a true or vice versa.

View Comment

Is my printer over extruding?

by Tobster123

Hello does anyone knows whats happening? appreciate any help

View Comment

laser on but not etching

by mattman76

HI guys, Just tried my laser on the creality 10s 5. Its powered on. I set it to 90mm on the Z axis and placed wood plank under. Adjusted the focus of the laser and nothing. No etching at all. Left in same place for minutes. Even put paper underneath and didn't burn at all. What could be the problem?

View Comment

by Tobster123

View Comment

by Tobster123

View Comment

Need suggestions and advice

by TheBearClaw

Currently I am working on printing out a few parts for a school project. One of the parts is a circle about 4mm high and the top layer is not printing correctly (top layer looks like string, and is weak). I would appreciate any advice because I not sure if it's cura settings issue or it's the printer itself.
Any help would be appreciated.

View Comment

CR-10S S4 Th3d v2.X controller board with Bltouch 3.1 probe...

by celticht32

I am trying to get this to work...
I have set the v3 flag on and off in Th3d (latest as of 9/12/19) with no change...
I have changed the SERV00_PIN to 11 and then back to 27 (default) no change
The black and white connector is keyed and can only go in one way.
The other conector is not keyed but is put into the D11 pin set per the attached picture have not tried reversing it.
Turning the Machine on the BLTouch initializes and clicks in and out...
The machine homes the XY per normal.
I can go into BL Touch setting and tell it to deploy and retract...
So at this point I am thinking I am home free....
I select auto home or the test and the extruder goes to the center...
The BLTouch Fires.... and the head starts lowering..
The probe hits the bed.. turns red with a blue dot and the head keeps on going until I turn the machine off...
I have searched and Searched and have not found an answer to this other than flipping the black an white wire... (cant its keyed) or setting bltouch v3 in the th3d code (which doesnt do anything).
Anyone have any ideas or help?

View Comment

Slow Arc Moves on SKR V1.3

by bwolf80

I swaped my 1.1.2 Creality board to a SKR V1.3.
I have activated the ARC_support in the latest Marlin Bugfix from 11.09.2019.

Now when i send GCode created from JTech photonics including (Arc Moves) the Laser slows drasticly down on small curves.

Same GCode running on Ender2 with stock Crealty Board does not slow down.

Did not have the same before with the stock 1.1.2 board running Marlin 1.1.9.
Accelleration and Jerk Settings are identical.

Any ideas?

View Comment