Made an attempt to update the firmware via my laptop cabled to the printer using Cura. Updated the windows drivers restarted the laptop and Cura doesn't see my printer connected. Selected a file in Cura and still didn't see the Printer. I'm concerned that Cura doesn't have a selection for the Pro and if I'm not mistaken it might be a different operating system. Looking for help. Struggling...
I can't progress any further and the Creality support isn't helpful.
I installed the BLTouch bought from Creality, it operates. I adjusted the Z offset but it doesn't work as expected.
First, when readjusting the Z offset, I can't see any effects. It seems to work only after a reset (Initialize from EEPROM).
Second, when adjusting the height correctly, the nozzle is often still far away. Furthermore, the Z offset value that has to be set varies after each reset.
I use OctoPrint, when connecting to the Board, it restarts itself, which din't happen before the installation.
So what do I miss here? I suspect that the firmware provided by Creality with BLTouch is not working properly.
PLA printing for me. Has anyone noticed air conditioning effecting prints?
Just curious. It's bloody hot in Australia
Seems the z height isn’t going as high as it should but it’s hard to tell as I’m not seeing burning etc. Just lots of vibration and supports being bumped off (visually it looks like the head is indeed touching the print). When I have no power on I can manually turn the z couplers. No matter which I turn if lowering they will both turn, however trying to raise, only the side I’m manually twisting goes up. Is this normal? I have also checked and tightened said collars.
Any help appreciated :)
EDIT: I think i may know the issue, Cura decided to add in all the gantry heights etc. Set to zero and test printing now.
https://imgur.com/a/t51vq1S example fails......
Pla Hot end 200 Bed 60 40mm/s speed
I have taken off the filament sensor just in case that was catching.
I have leveled, re-leveled and leveled again. A4 paper, set all to home, disable steppers, move head to each screw, paper test. etc. I have also put some gluestick on the glass which used to work fine on my Anet A8
lots of holes, first layer infill sticking up etc... I'm sure there are all user errors, just running out of ideas.
Edit, needed to up the temp, I thought 210 was a little high for PLA, turns out, nope... tis good :)