MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Any advanced users that can build good for fun

Please Login to Comment

I am trying to build a 3d planatrary gear that will fit a triangle novice level so i dont know how to operate much . Am trying to build a planatary gear that i has a 1 inch sun gear with a 18.75 mm triangle in the center that will fit inside of a 2 inch pvc pipe

Just joined today . Is there a way to upload things like that

just upload picture/photo as a normal jpeg

I have built a gear with the triangle . The sun gear . It was18.75mm for the size of the triangle centered inside of the sun gear . The other gears i cant find any program to work it out. I know obviously for it to fit inside of the 2 inch pvc pipe it would have to total 2 inches ..

A rough dimensioned sketch of your idea would help
cheers

Basically a sun gear with something that will fit a 18.75mm shaft. The Outter gear that planets fit in would be 2 inches around. The sun would be around 1 inch . So im guessing the planets be around half inch .

I attempted to draw it out but it hasnt came out the way i am tryin to

difficult to make something,when it seems you cannot describe what it is you want.. a simple sketch, or photo of an existing model would give some indication as to your concept.

I managed to sketch it yesterday . It just wanted me to put it in a different type file. I will try xyz print file to see if i can possibly get it to show . It wouldnt upload. But for description its just a planatary gearset . That fits inside of a 2 inch pvc pipe. Think i may have it figured out though. 2 inch outter ring gear. 1 inch sun gear and half inch planets . The triangle will just hold a shaft.

just save as jpeg (photo) it will upload from that.