MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Wind Deflectors

Please Login to Comment

I was thinking that wind deflector should be pretty easy to make and print with transparent filament or not, transparency is not a must have for me, any ideas?
I was thinking on something like this, anyone ever made this?

It sounds like a good idea. I think it would be more efficient to create the model and print it as a mold. Then use a resin type to pour on it. sort of like injection molding.
But for FDM you might want to try to use PETG (for strength) PLA (for price/versability but it might weaken with sunlight and weather)
There's a misconception that FDM creates weak models but not really. I recommend using 0.2 - 0.3 mm nozzle at 0.1mm layer height. It might take longer to print but the model will be strong. I designed and printed a Front license plate adapter that attaches to my front bumper's tow hook using Glow in the Dark and Black PLA. I've been running it for 2 months now with no issues. So you should be good to go with PLA.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3653859

Front License Plate Bracket with Extension (No Drill) tow hook

Transparent filament still exhibits quite a bit of the internal diffusion of light due to the way FDM printers make things; it's like looking through a bundle of fiber optics horizontally. If you use REALLY low layer lines with PERFECT infill then polish the surface, you might get something approaching transparency, but not likely. Other manufacturing and production methods are more suited to applications where transparency is important; vacuum forming comes to mind....

Transparency is not a must have for me, my real problem is the model, new with 3d modeling...
Trying to find a boomerang model to adapt :p