MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

What things have you printed for your brewing?

Please Login to Comment

My printer is decommissioned at the moment so my focus is getting it functional again, but once it is I plan on;

Printing a better mount for my wort chiller. It is currently bolted onto the side of my brewing stand, but I am afraid in its current state it will eventually rip through the stand's cheap sheetmetal.

I also want to print a cold air distributor for the tap tower on my kegerator. Currently a small fan blows air in the fridge part up the tower through a 1 inch diameter clear vinyl tube. The cold air makes the vinyl very inflexible and it tends to blow the air onto the side wall of the tower, freezing that spot and leaving the rest to heat up.

How has your 3d printer proved useful for your brewing and drinking activities?

Hey everyone! just found this group. Ive printed tap handles (some that others have posted) and a thread adapter to put a ball lock post onto a hand-pump garden sprayer for cleaning my tap lines. Im also working on a GrowlerWerks UKeg cap which i commented about on this thing https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2789120

GrowlerWerks uKeg tools

I have printed a simple handle to go over the adjustment screw/nut on my Co2 tank for setting the pressure level.
It took a couple of tries to get the exact size but now it works well!

Cheers,

Dan

can you link that? I always scrape my kegs against the screw when I put them in and out of my keezer and would love something soft to go over the jagged screw rather than risk piercing a keg

Here's a link to what I made. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1920991
I'm not completely sure this is what you want, but it could be used a template to make what you need.

Dan

Co2 tank handle

fantastic, I can use that, and just put a rounded end on it to make the bits 'safe'

Thanks!

I have printed and used the bung adaptor I designed and it works well. Had to drill a hole into a standard pail lid. Gave one to a friend and he is using it.

The drip stands I designed and printed are too light to be of use.

I have made a Venturi for adding O2 while transferring wort into the fermenter. I have also printed various parts for my setup, and a sparge arm head. Printed all of my cases for my Solid state fermentation controller project.

Would you link your Venturi design. I would be interested it trying it!

Thanks,

Dan

let me fix a few issues with it and upload it

Awesome!

Cheers

I'm curious how this works... do you have any photos of it in use? I've got an O2 wand and I imagine that connects to this and a wort hose somehow but can't quite see how.

Sorry for the delay in responding as I've not been on in a while.
Here's a picture of the printed unit and I'm currently uploading a video to youtube showing it in action.

Dan

edit: Here's the video of it in action as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC7spYHyzeg

thanks for following up!