MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Firmware custimation ( add preheat menu)

ABS Firmware Kossel plus PLA Preheat

Please Login to Comment

Hello guys

at first sorry for my bad english .

I want to chance the firmware for my anycubic kossel Linear Plus, so i can add fillament types like Ninjaflex.
and for this i want to add a preheat menu like Preheat PLA/ABS
but it wont work like i want

can you help?

if anyone can help me and have some time please contact me here:

Thingiverse : Here
Whatsap +41 (0)78 899 17 35

I'll work on this tonight. I've been meaning to change ABS to PETg (since I print almost entirely in petg) and I'm sure that file also contains this solution. I'll let you know!

Hi ! Following hints refers to marlin 1.1.9 :

Changing ABS to PETg is easier as you mainly have to rename MSG_PREHEAT_2 in language_xx.h lines ~115..150 then change the settings accordingly in Configuration.h lines ~1361 (Preheat constants) or even easier in the EEPROM with the menu.

Adding another filament to that menu is a lot tougher as Marlin is written with 2 Filaments in mind here. Adding one requires (at least, I didn't do it) :

• Adding some more messages texts in language_xx.h
  • Adding some more preheat constants in Configuration.h
  • Modifying ultralcd.cpp ;
    • line ~150 to increase the table storing the preset temperatures
    • lines ~1593..1784 to define a new function lcd_preheat_m3_menu() on the model of the existing lcd_preheat_m1_menu() and lcd_preheat_m2_menu()
    • lines ~3579..3591 in the function which creates the submenu
    • lines ~3628..3640
    • and possibly a few others ; I stopped searching here as it became obvious this will requires some deep investigations and testing !

Hope it helps !

Hey!

i will try it later, and if you are talking from marlin.

My Kossel Linear Plus have Anycubic stock firmware, and if i try to upload marlin ( 1.9 ) i got z probe error
do you have a working marlin firmware for Kossel Plus?

thank you

-mishy

Yep ! I had to upgrade very early as I found this before the workaround for saving the eeprom with the original firmware :-o I'm very happy with it, especially the auto-calibration and bed-leveling options made it so easy to calibrate the printer :-)

I took this one (and the explanations) as a base : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3079416 and then brew my own config with custom settings + activating a few fancy options like :

• Bed PID
  • Junction deviation
  • LCD Info menu
  • Firmware retract (still requires tweaking for the anycubic, don't use it)
  • Filament change (change works great but independent load or unload crashes the head into the bed, dunno why yet, still investigating)

I add my config files for reference only, don't use my PID settings as my head and bed is insulated. All my changes are tagged with "Aleph" comment. If you go from stock (=marlin 1.1.0sth) to 1.1.9, don't forget to initialize the eeprom right after the first reboot

AnyCubic Kossel linear Plus and Marlin 1.1.9 - Auto Calibration and Auto Bed Leveling

HI Mishy
preheat is in the menu its there under PERPARE at the bottom, It changes to TUNE when you start printing. the fillament types you setup in you slicer but your main problem is going to be feeding the fillament without it kinking. i surgest you have a look at some youtube videos on printing flexable fillament on a bowden feed printer which is the type you have
good luck
dave

Hey Dave,

flexible fillament is no problem for me.

but when you go to prepare, you see only Prehear PLA/ABS but i want to add fillament to there, my problem is i cant find the code in the firmware, where i can add this
~Mishy

Hi Mishy
cant help with code beyond my skill set but you might like to contact the chap who did this
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2803527
Wooseok Hyun
good luck
dave

Marlin 1.1.8 firmware for Anycubic Kossel(mini & plus), delta calibration circle

Hey Dave,

flexible fillament is no problem for me.

but when you go to prepare, you see only Prehear PLA/ABS but i want to add fillament to there, my problem is i cant find the code in the firmware, where i can add this
~Mishy