MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Nozzle near to bed

Please Login to Comment

Hello guys - after many hours of calibrating I finally managed that the nozzle has the same distance everywhere on the print bed.

Unfortunately it is everywhere ~ 0,12 mm too much. In which direction I have to adjust the Z-height to compensate this 0.12 mm. I don't want the nozzle to scratch my print bed.

So example 100 - 0,12 = 99,88 or 100 + 0,12 = 100,12?

The same question applies to Z-Offset

-14.60 - 0.12 = 14.72 or -14.60 + 0.12 = 14.48?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

You should add excessive distance to offset. So, -14.60 + 0.12 = - 14.48. It's simple to undersand, if you imagine calibration with z-probe triggered with nozzle-to-bed contact (with 0 offset). Than, adding negative offset will make "virtual zero level" higher above the bed. So, with lower absolute value of the offset we move nozzle closer to the bed.

So I only have to change the z-offset value and not both values - total height AND z-offset? So it's only enough to change the z-offset?

Then it must have been my mistake, because so far I have always changed both values as described above. It always didn't bring much.