MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Anycubic I3 Mega DOMED center of the build plate

Please Login to Comment

Hi All :-)

I have the I3 Mega with the ultra base.

I can level it all the way around the edges and 4 corners and its spot on
However, the centre is 'High', the filament is just smeared at the middle point, to get around this, for now, I have set the edges to 1.5mm (Using a gauge)
and that puts the centre around 0.5mm and set Simplify 3D to extruded extra filament. It works but it's not right.

I have had the bed apart and checked the guide rods rotate freely in their mounts, At first, they were solid but sorted thats now,

Wondered if anyone has had the same, or even a solution maybe

Thank you :-)

Mark

Hi Mark,

if the rods cause the bed leveling problem, I would assume that this only affects front and rear of the bed. This is the case with my printer however the amount is only 0.5mm at the last rear 2cm and maybe 0.3mm right at the front. Around 15cm from front to rear are near perfect.
From left to right my bed is perfectly level.
Maybe you should also check the rods and bearing of the x-axis. When I was checking bed level with a gauge fixed to the x-rods, I figured that I get different readings in the bed center depending if the hotend is on the left or right side.

Andreas.

I agree, this would affect the centre X axis, I have checked - My problem is a 'Disk' in the centre of the bed about 50mm in diameter

I can print 20mm spots all around the perimeter and they are all pretty much the same +/- 0.2mm but the centre will just be a smear

I did wonder if the head was 'sagging' in the centre, but then I would have issues front and the back edge which I don't
The printer is only a few months old from Gearbest and I have raised a request for a replacement plate, but I am not hopeful

I followed a Youtube for the rods being bent due to the bent brackets, and this made a significant difference but not enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKN3xifTyxI&t=1s

Hi! I have the same problem. In my case the problem seems to be in the XY axis guide. What I am doing is printing only on the four corners of the table and avoiding printing in the center. Another recommendation I make is to try to level the table without applying too much pressure on the four screws in the table. Prefer to use the Z axis limiters and make only refinements using the 4 table screws.