MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Pinned

by BETLOG

General information collated into the most often asked questions and answers.
NOT an official Anycubic-operated forum; just customers discussing their machines.

View Comment

i3 Mega S/Trigorilla with an E3D PT100?

by Ndlucas

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of upgrading my stock Mega S for higher temp materials. I've printed CF PC up to 260/90 and get pretty decent results. However, I think there's a bit of better layer adhesion and major speed increases to be gained. I have a new Bondtech BMG to convert it to direct drive and a new blower. The hotend I have is an E3D V6 Ultimate Edition(https://bit.ly/3irvn3k). I also have the E3D PT100 Sensor and Amplifier Board (https://bit.ly/2PA5lhT). I've printed the necessary parts for this (https://bit.ly/3kzWxqD).

Now, I have the documentation/schematic for the Trigorilla board and after examining it, and researching, I've seen a bit of conflicting info on how to connect the PT100 amplifier board. I've attached the Trigorilla pinout and the PT100 amplifier pinout here. I simply wired the 40w heater cartridge in the same place as the stock hotend was (HEATER0 - D10), which I believe is correct. I know how the PT100 sensor connects to the amplifier board. Easy. The confusing part is, how do I connect the PT100 amplifier board to the Trigorilla board (there's 3 pins on the side that connects to the mainboard from the amplifier?)? I can see the 5v and gnd on the AUX pins, but the other two are D42 and D43 (I suspect digital but the PT100 requires analog if I'm not mistaken). What do I need to do? If someone has done this or clearly knows exactly what needs to be done or how, I'd be very appreciative, and would definitely PayPal/CashApp to show some appreciation if it works. Thank you in advance.

View Comment

Printer clicks on the board and stop printing

by brunoosti

What is that? It seams something to do with temperature. ("tic tic tic tic tic" and stops)
I replaced the fan for a 5015 blower, and did a PID auto tune.
It doesn't happen every sigle time. And it is always on the beginning of the print. I Have my inicial g code to turn the fans on to cool ozed filament and clean the nozzle and than the first layer is fans off.

View Comment

PT100 and Tri gorilla board.

by ABlondek

Bought a PT100 to allow higher temps. Already have a E3D v6 and Titan Extruder. Does anyone know, or where they have picked up the analog pin on the Trigorilla board?

I can see the 5v and gnd on the AUX pins, but the other two are D42 and D43 (I suspect digital).

I also run Marlin and have seen I need to recompile it with my temp pin. Am I missing anything?

View Comment

Replacement Heatbed (Cable) Source in Germany?

by Bikecyclist

I just found that my heatbed cabling suffers from a broken wire, and now would like to replace the entire heatbed, or possibly only the cabling.

Do you know any source for either of these, preferrably in Germany or offering quick delivery to there at reasonable cost? Many thanks in advance!

View Comment

I3 Mega print issues

by SiostraStachu

I have my Anycubic I3 Mega and it's print bad. I'm preety sure it's not the extruder spring tension issue. I was looking on the internet but didn't found any clues what is wrong. Anybody have an idea what can be cousing the issues?

View Comment

Mega-S extruder with TMC2208 noisy

by RetiredAndroid

Hello good people of Thingverse,
I just upgraded my Mega to Mega-S and with this opportunity I upgraded drivers to TMC2208, changed fans to silent, changed couplers and so on. I also changed extruder stepper to original E3D with 0.9 degree/step (not the smallest pancake package but this bigger one used with titans https://e3d-online.com/motors-compact-but-powerful-motor ). This bumped up my extruder resolution from circa 100 to almost 800 steps/mm (makes sense as E3D motor has twice resolution of stock one and -S extruder is rated 300-400 steps/mm).
All works silent and great.. except said extruder. I cannot set retraction speed over 20 mm/s or I get extremely loud noise of grinding gears. It does not seem to be problem with filament gripping, rather gears inside and/or motor make this nose. Even with 20 mm/s it is the loudest part of the printer.

Now, I'm wondering, is this normal? Was this motor an overkill? Is this geared extruder so loud?
What would you suggest to do? Go back to original extruder? Original stepper? Original driver? Order Titan extruder (although it seems Mega-S extruder is clone of Titan).
I'm running marlin 1.1.9 ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3249319 ) and ref. voltage for driver is already at 1.35V.

Thanks for any advice!

Anycubic i3 Mega / Mega-S Marlin 1.1.9 Custom Firmware - Extra Features & Quality Tweaks
extruder i3Mega noise TMC2208
View Comment

Need help with adhesion and supports, please

by JDubya69

Hey, everyone. I recently donated my FLSUN printer to a student, and picked up a Mega S to replace it. So far the learning curve hasn't been too bad, but there are two things I can't solve and they're becoming very frustrating.

1) Adhsesion. I'm getting good first layers, but sometime during the print, the entire print will detach from the bed. This happened with the test print owl, which i printed with the PLA that came with the printer. It's happening with other projects printed with PETG as well. In particular, one project that is only 3mm wide and 50mm tall. I use 8 lines of brim, and it still comes loose. Here are my settings:
Filament: Duramic PETG
Bed temp: 75c
Extruder temp: 240c
Addition to Z height: .1
Print speed: 30
Fan: no

The bed temp is still at 75c at the time the print comes loose. I don't understand why it comes loose when I can't get a finished print loose until the bed temp is below 40c.

2) Support. Using the print settings above, support does not come off. It's like it's welded to the print, a part of the print. Using the same settings on my FLSUN gave easy support removal with the same roll of filament.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm somewhat of a newb, so please don't get too technical.

View Comment

Solved: I3 Mega fan 2 losing power when Hotend reaches 50°

by Gruenbaer

Dear all,

I have a small LED strip soldered to fan 2, the Hotend fan.
When I turn on my I3 Mega, the Hotend fan starts blowing at full speed and the LED strip lightens up.

If I now preheat, the LEDs turn off at 50° and the fan becomes much slower. If I stop it with a finger it cannot start spinning again of its own - I gotta give it a little shove.

Up to now it was the other way around.
When idle nothing would move nor the LEDs shine.
Once the 50° were eceeded the hotend fan ran full speed and the LEDs turned on.

I have Merlin 1.1.9 installed for a year now and haven`t changed a thing.

Do you have any ideas how I could resolve this?

Thanks!

View Comment

Replaced a defective hotend, now it printed very bad

by Jedduff

Hi,

My hotend had an issue. The PLA sticked to the hotend extruder and it ruined it.

I replaced the hotend with the spare included in the box. The prints are very bad. I leveled the bed and the rod with a calliper. Everything looks normal.

I can extrude easily when I use the option "filament in" on the menu.

My firmware is Marlin 2.0

What could cause this issue?

bowden_hotend
View Comment