MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Help Uploading marlin

Please Login to Comment

Trying to upload marlin 1.1.9, It finishes,but gives me this error.

Sketch uses 104096 bytes (80%) of program storage space. Maximum is 130048 bytes.
Global variables use 4083 bytes of dynamic memory.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x73
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x61
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x72
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x0a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x65
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x63
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x68
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6f
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

anyone know how to fix this?

had these problems even the opening.mal times it was a wrong port or bootloader. under settings first check. lately i had problems updating the boardmanager, then some versions went down, then i could compile and upload it without errors.

No need to ditch your board, just load a bootloader and Marlin 1.1.9 . There are several good youtube videos on the subject

I had same issue and needed to burn bootloader first. Crosslink and BV3D have good youtube vids that will walk you through it.

So how about some details!

What board are you using:
How is it connected?
What OS is on your computer?
Do you have the latest Arduino IDE?
Have you read my Guide?

Marlin 1.1.x or 2.x on Anet A8 Guide

Hmm I thought that the bootloader was already there, I flashed a single Anet A8 v1.0 over a year ago and I'm pretty sure I just plugged it in. No crazy flashy thing needed. Skynet FW doesn't mention the bootloader junk either, hmmmmmmm

Same machine? Then it's something else. Though if it's like mine, (eBay £85) the bootloader is missing or corrupt. The 'avrdude sync' is well documented. Took me a long time to find it. Bought the pieces 10 sec fix.

BTW :Decide on Repetier in the end (after flashing 4 or 5 times) as it has more commands, is web configurable and functions better in Linux. Both firmware and host.
In the process of converting it to a 3 extruder head (single nozzle), waiting for a slow boat from CHINA.

Anet a8 v1.7, it has the ATmega1284p if that helps
its connected via usb
os is windows 10 home
I have Arduino ver. 1.8.9
No, but ill read your guide

Ok so pretty normal. Check out the Skynet FW link in my guide,. It's marlin cut down some to fit in the smaller memory those boards have. The 1284 has half the ROM space the ATMEGA 2560 does.

Also your errors appear to be bootloader related.

Sorry I can't help much more than this, I ditched my Anet stock motherboards minutes after unboxing the machines!