MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

skr 1.3 Board fan

Please Login to Comment

i bought skr 1.3 and i'll use it on a8, what should i do to put a fan on the board?
(https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3634655 like this)

SKR 1.3 + Mosfet Case for 20x20 Extrusion

First things first get the new board up and running.
Before you connect anything to your power supply make sure it is large enough. If you are using the stock a8 power supply use another one to add fans lights etc. The a8 power supply has little to spare.

my new power supply is 350w

your new 350w power supply does not have a fan? I thought most of that size all ready have a fan if not I would install one.

it has, i'll use the fan on skr 1.3board

Connect the board first. I installed skr a week ago. Apart from firmware you need to change some pins. Then yeah, 12v input from power supply is way to go. I would also suggest putting a fan on power supply itself.

Where do I connect?

Looks like you will have real difficulties dealing with that board... It has 12v constant output on board. Not to mention you can use second extruder output to power up fan. And you have 3 pair of sockets on power supply. Try to guess what you need to do...

Oh just hit the 12v coming in from the PSU, no need for fancy, fan on when printer is on!

Morgan you say you don’t need anything fancy? You are the most fancy 3d printer person I know.LOL

Maybe, but still, that's how I run my fans :p

I went to all of the work to use a thermistor and a ATtiny85 using PWM to control the fan speed and use a 7 segment 4 digit LED readout to show the fan speed a bit of over kill but just for fun.