I got two new rolls of filament for christmas (Both PLA), and decided to build a dry box for them. The first print with the new filament was a small red eagle statue, to see if everything was working correctly. It wasn't. There were weird diagonal lines on the print surface, that I had never seen before. I found images of strong underextrusion, that seemed to match my print surface, but increasing the extrusion multiplier didn't help much. Even at over 300% flow there were still lines. I thought that the dry box might be the fault, and took the filament rolls out. It changed nothing. I thought it might be the new filament, and tried one of my old rolls, but once again the lines were still there. I tried changing the heat, I ran some cleaning filament through it, I changed the nozzle, I looked for loose screws, but nothing. When I printed a Benchie, there were no more diagonal lines, but there were still strong signs of underextrusion and especially on the thin parts like the chimney there were still many imperfections. I printed two more benchies with slightly different settings, and surprisingly the imperfections were the same on all of them.
My nozzle size is 0.5mm, and both filaments used in the images are filamentum PLA. For slicing I used Cura
So I'm getting weird, temperamental under extrusion, and I have no idea why. I cleaned the nozzle not too long ago, and I'm doing another print with a 110% flow rate and its still the same. When I did the prints in the picture, I printed the clean one first, and then right after did the bad one, and it makes no sense. Its not Cura since the settings like I said are the same and the increased flow rate does nothing.
GI set up an old Galaxy S3 phone with a webcam app and am currently broadcasting at http://188.8.131.52:8080
Set the Video Renderer to Browser, scroll down to Advanced Settings and change the Orientation to whatever you like.
This is one of them thar "works in progress" so don't flip out if you happen to try view it while it is offline or finished a print job.. I will try to update what I am printing at the time and when the cam is up and running. Happy viewing!
a lil back story.
i got into printing with a cr-10 in november,i love that printer.no hassel,no problems.....i print 50-90 hours a week since november.
i build and design parts for a friends rc addiction.....and mine.
anyway a deal came up that was hard to pass,anet a8 ,upgraded aluminium frame,dual mosfets for heat,bl touch installed and flashed marlin firmware,build tak setup,new glass and hotends,repaired solder joints on bed,bigger gage wires....ect.....all for $150.
the guy said all that was left was to fine tune the machine,but it did print.
so i went check it out,he test printed.....anet came home with me.
fought it for 2 days,sd card reader dont work,so i downloaded driver to run usb.....finally i was able to print.followed a few youtube vids on setting up a8 with marlin,and bl on cura.i had 3 crummy prints then started having problems.display would shutdown few mins after print,sometimes after print starts heat would turn off,most times the nozzle would start print process 1/2in above bed as if the bl told it the bed was there.
lots of drama.....i was about to call it quits.
then i lost ability to print from usb.
so i switched to my cr-10 profile in cura......everything work beautiful.
so now i made exact same profile with anet a8 build volume.......im 6 hours and a few prints flawless printing petg with the a8 on cr-10 settings.
i followed this nice setup vid.
this vid only applies to marlin firmware and cura,printer doesnt really matter,aslong as design similar and layout.
im sure a delta type will be different.
maybe this info will help others.
ive still got alot to learn about the a8,and settings.....ect.
ive noticed the a8 makes alot of clicking type noise,im not familliar with liniar bearings....so i guess ill dig in n research.