MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

PrusaSlicer on A6

anet_a6 PrusaSlicer

Please Login to Comment

Hi,

since prusaslicer's new update allows you to use the slicer for our A6,
has anyone tried it yet?

Maybe we could use the comments under this post to share our experiences (settings, what to avoid, ...)?

I'll try it on the weekend and comment what I found out.

Downloaded 2.2. last night but can't see the A6 listed in the device list - assume we need to add the A6 manually?

I have been using prusaslicer for a long time, the truth is that I like it rather than cure, I have obtained better results in my anet a6 with the same parameters.
It is true that it lacks many options, but it is very easy and gives very good results.

I am currently using Cura and the UI drives me mad. It is very hard for me to understand where the parameter settings are coming from (printer, filament, profile, ...).

So I downloaded prusaslicer 2 days ago. But did not have the time to have a look at it.

I would appreciate your comments. ;-)

Sorry for veeeeeeeeeeery late response...

I have been printing a lot with prusa slicer the last weeks. I was surprised how well it worked with basically only adding the dimensions of the build volume and the Start/End of G-Code commands of my A6 (@SiW80 thats all you have to do).

The prints look better than what i was able to get with Cura, which I am really happy about :)

Only thing is, when I want to pause I have to manually edit the G-Code file.
PrusaSlicer just puts "M600" where I want the pause so I just search for M600, delete it and add my pause commands.

Yep me too - much better than Cura 4.5 (even circles are quite round!).

How do you adjust the print speed? In Cura I just used to change the top speed setting, but in PrusaSlicer seems you have to set the speed for each option. Am I missing a single over-ride option or do they all need to be changed?

I think you have to change every setting.

Standard is 60mm/s i think, I changed that to 50mm/s and then also put every other value to about 80% of its default value. Having great results this way.