MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

pocket pigrrl

Please Login to Comment

could i split the wires coming out of the class d amp so it has a audio jack and a power on/off for the speakers? so that way i can still sit in the living room without being told to turn it off and not annoy anyone? also can i put the roms on the sd before puting the sd in? so i dont need to deal with the wifi dongle junk? the pocket pigrrl can be found here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:807591

Pocket PiGRRL

You would have to reduce the amp gain for an audio out/earbuds jack; 2.5W would be too much for your ears unprotected; I second the recommendation for a volume control (either software or hardware).

One hardware solution would be to desolder the trimpot on the little class-D amplifier and wire in something attached to the shell.

I have also seen mention of using a rotary encoder connected to the pi itself to control the volume, but some dreaded programming would be involved.

Actually, I was looking for 10k potentiometers and saw that somebody makes snap-in thumbwheens for pots similar to the one on Adafruit's little class-D amplifier. I didn't see anything for that specific pot, but you have a 3D printer, right?

Thumbwheel similar to what you would need.

Potentiometer Knob
by Ablapo

Think it would be better if you added a volume control. So you could always turn it down if it's to loud. No need for additional switches.