Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Trinket 5V Error

Please Login to Comment

Hi guys (and gals)
So last month I started the Guardian Sword project by the venerable Ruiz Men-Children. I have printed some of the parts and soldered all of my components. The problem I have is that when I try to compile the script for the Trinket, I gives me an error! But, Arduino won't give me details on what exactly is wrong, so I just had to look through the code, which didn't help me. Here are some technical details which might help y'all:
Adafruit Trinket 5V (USB connection)
89 Neopixels, one had to be cut off. It's a 60 LED Segment + 30 LED Segment.
Using Arduino 1.8.4
Neopixel Library 1.1.2
Adafruit AVR Boards 1.4.9
The only changes to the code that I made are here below:

define PIN 1

// Color Segments

define APIXELS 14 // number of first orange pixels

define BPIXELS 85 // number of blue pixels

define CPIXELS 89 // second orange pixels

Adafruit_NeoPixel pixels = Adafruit_NeoPixel(89, PIN, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

for(int i=85;i<CPIXELS;i++){

So I got a new computer, windows 7, 64 bit, if that will make any difference. Here is the avrdude output:

     System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

     Using Port                    : usb
     Using Programmer              : stk500v2
     avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb" (0x03eb:0x2104)

I've used the Trinket with short Neopixel strips and they work great as long as it's within the limits of the Trinket's memory capacity. I ran into problems trying to drive a high density 144 pixel strip and found out that it would work fine up to around 110 LEDs but no further. In the end I swapped out to a Trinket Pro and the problem went away.

If your script is very complex or has a lot of lines to it then you may be running out of free RAM when defining the arrays. Try scaling back the array parameters, maybe commenting out the BPIXELS and CPIXELS instructions until things start working. Then add them in stages to see where it breaks. Re-use code as much as possible to conserve memory, 8K is pretty tight.

Just my two cents worth.

if it doesnt compile it gives an error. post what the message is when it fails compiling

you might have a better chance of figuring whats wrong on the Aduino or Adafruit forums. Good luck.