MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

McFarlane action fig accessories

Please Login to Comment

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but since it is 40k related thought it would be worth a shot... Are there any sweet "aftermarket" bits & bobs (chapter icons, weapons, etc) floating around out there for the new(ish) action figures? My weak-ass search skills aren't finding too much.

Cheers!

Speaking of the McFarlane marines, Have any of you painted yours (the artist proof version)? I'm in the process of painting mine as an Imperial Fist captain.

All I have so far are the backpack and the bolt rifle:

Here are a couple of photos of the finished model. I used almost a whole bottle of Vallejo Sun yellow on this guy. I could have painted 20 or more miniatures with the amount of paint that went into this. I also added a comparison shot with a Chadscale marine from JimBeanz

7in space marine armory assortment

I have just started testing on some rescales for weapons, shoulder pads and backpacks. The shoulder pads are interesting since they have a ball and socket barbell joint in them so standard scaled pads sit farther out. I am printing new ones now that have a thinner pad wall to hopefully move them closer to the body. The weapons needed new handles added to fit the hands. It was a pretty easy conversion in Tinkercad to the newer slimmer handles. The backpack uses the same mount as the official one but I may change it to a magnet and fill in the back of the fig.

any chance you would be willing to share the files you worked on?

Havnt seen any put out yet but you can very easily scale up mini sized bits.