MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Totally stumped with camshaft assembly

Please Login to Comment

Hi all,

I'm hopeful that i'm just missing something silly. I printed all the parts and just assembled the camshaft. I had purchased the official hardware parts kit but I did not have a 175mm threaded rod in the kit. The only threaded rod in the kit appears to be about a 198-200mm.

Regardless, I was able to get all the parts of the camshaft together but where the Camshaft Assembly sheet shows 1.16 I'm measuring 2.7cm... so it appears my measurements are larger than the Assembly Instructions yet the REAL head scratcher is that my camshaft is ~1.3cm shorter than the span of the main bearing.

Pics available here:
https://goo.gl/photos/pn361apBB5NHfznX8

Printed on combination of Monoprice Maker Select v2.1 and Crealty CR-10 printers. Zero scaling changes.

Had to reprint using raft and then it was the correct thickness.

probably you need to upscale 5% on the length is my guess just a suggestion. Also try to pm eric the designer of the engine
best of luck