MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Valve Springs

Please Login to Comment

Having trouble finding appropriate springs to work. The hardware list just says "I used custom springs once again."

Thanks

does anyone have dimensions on the springs. I have access to a lot of different springs but am unsure how big they should be.
I am building the 22-R engine

I ended up buying the hardware kit from Eric. Very nice kit. The size of the springs are given in the hardware list. The ones that came in the kit are very weak. Seem to work just fine so don't use something stiffer than a pen spring.

thank you I did not think of getting the kit. it is a little late for me on that my bearings will be here tomorrow. :( oh well I will get an assembly together and head to my hardware store. they have a box of springs. thanks again.

I ended up using springs I found in an assortment I got at home depot. I had to buy several packages of springs to get enough to complete both heads. As a side note, the same assortments supplied the springs for the subaru engine also.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Miscellaneous-Spring-Assortment-SP-9901/100142075

the ones i used were pretty weak, so i had to pre-load them quite a bit to get the right action from the pushrods