MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Could I make real car parts?

Please Login to Comment

Hey guys, I wanna know if I could make real parts of a car. For example the inner door, the glove box, etc. If it is possible, what printer should I use and Where can I get the blueprints for inner parts of a car.

Thank you guys. Keep going wiht the good work.

another idea to try is some of the cheap phone based 3d scanner apps. If you are looking to replicate or modify an existing part. I have used it to make a gauge pod that fits in the factory ash tray slot of my chevy luv

Hey, sure you can! But I'd recommend printing them in PETG or ABS due to the heat that builds up inside a vehicle in the summer. I've made several parts for my Jeep Wrangler including a dash mounted extension arm to hold my phone, a Go-Pro mount for the a-pillar, a Go-Pro mount for my front bumper, etc.
As far as what printer to use, there's many options. I have a CR-10 Mini, but just ordered a CR-10S Pro as it has a larger print bed at 300mm x 300mm x 400mm and can print larger parts. That's something you want to consider if you're going to be printing larger parts.

Search the web and you'll be amazed what you will find that people have already designed, but if you can't find what you're looking for you can design your own in free 3D modeling software such as TinkerCad or Fusion360.