MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.
The inspiration came from both InAppDesigns and SonnyDR. I usually look for an existing solution first such as the XXL screen case or your Deck Hole cover. The screen case and deck hole cover worked great so I left them as is. I printed and installed the SonnyDR kit first and it worked had drawbacks. The SonnyDR design took the links and cut out either the bottom or the top and this weakened them (I had several break) and also made them unlatch easily. If you look, I made these links from scratch specifically reinforced to work with only one side. They also do not come unlatched easily at all but they are slightly harder to assemble because of it. They use through holes and pins. The motor cover In the SonnyDR design had the link come straight out the top with stops and it caused chain binding and then the links would come unlinked when doing tall prints. Finally the system took about 40mm of Z travel away. The links in my kit will work with SonnyDR or InAppDesigns as I kept similar dimensions (I modeled them from scratch as I could not import them). You may be able to use my motor cover without having to reprint the links. The only part I imported was from InAppDesigns so I posted it as a remix of that. I will edit this part to also show it as a remix of SonnyDR as well since that is where the idea came from. I will print out your link adapter and see how it works as I have plenty of left over links from making 5 revisions of this part before I got it right! Thanks for your comment!