Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Report as inappropriate

Ah, right you are! I was so confused before. I followed what you said here, and it went together just fine.

I have another suggestion. At first, I printed out all the pins full-scale and spent a lot of time sanding them, re-fitting them, etc. It also occurred to me to use the drill trick you mentioned. Occasionally I'd over-sand, and instead of printing a new pin, I'd heat it up with a hot air gun and use some pliers to push the two halves of the pin apart, making them fatter.

BUT - I eventually settled on a much simpler solution. I loaded the pin into my slicer three times. I set one to 95% scale, another to 90%, and the last to 85%, then printed them out. I discovered the best fit was somewhere between 90% and 95%, then narrowed it down to 93%. At that scale, the pins fit just about perfectly, without any sanding. Then, I ran off another 6 copies of the pin, then did the main cube pin and some others, also at 93%. I would like it if these pins kept the original 100% of LENGTH, but what they've lost in length doesn't seem to be enough to stop them from holding everything together.

I would say that if you work on a new version, an assembly video, or even just photos of the parts where orientation is easy to get wrong, would help a lot.