MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.
That looks like it prints really well from this point-of-view. I ended up remixing all of the corners (motor mounts, idler pulleys and feet) to try and improve the clamping strength between them and the rods. I added some length, too, which seems to have improved rigidity of the cube quite a bit.
I changed the design of the y-axis bearing mounts to improve clamping force on the x-axis rods, too, with similar hopes regarding rigidity. These changes, unfortunately, have come at the cost of vastly increasing print times.
I am still putting things together (it's about 5 hours to print each piece) so I can't say if it'll help I'm waiting on another pack of thread inserts so that's slowed down progress. I'll start posting up remix files tonight so you can take a look and see what you think. It's still very much a work-in-progress so the design may get scrapped.
I'm having quite a lot of fun making this, I'll admit.