MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.
I really REALLY wish to like this, as I like the overall design. However, since installing this I've been unable to get even one proper print, using stock fans on my Ender 3.
After doing a bit of trying to figure out why, then I believe I've come to the conclusion that the exhaust/vent direction of the hotend cooling fan isn't exactly perfect.
With an infrared thermal tool I've noticed that the nozzle goes from ~200c to about ~140-150c with the fan turned on (also ended up 'killing' 2-3 nozzles). Which I believe is my issue. This is after adjusting the part both up and down - down to the very minimum - where it's barely above the build plate. No changes. Fan on for just a few moments makes the nozzle temp plummet.
Fan speed has been played with as well. Part has been printed several times, with different plastics and heats, in order to try and rule out faulty prints.
Never had these issues with something like the Petsfang/Bullseye.
I'm hoping the 5015 fan I've ordered, and the part printed for that (Hero Me Gen2 still) will take care of some of the issues I've been having though, as I really do like the idea of this one.
--Oh, there's also a small weird line by the nozzle - which still seems to work fine though, no air leaks, just looks weird. The screw holes are kind of dodgy, and I've had to glue them back on after reinstalling the part.
Swapped back to the Bullseye today, and all the issues I've had with the Hero Me Gen2 for the last week seems to have vanished.
I wonder if it's just the vent design / the vent design with stock Ender 3 hardware. Is a shame, I really do like the idea / compact design.