MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.
I just finished printing the final part!
Hopefully I'll get some free time to assemble this weekend or next week.
A few notes on troublesome pieces:
The Fan - Make sure you print slow to get a nice finish. The supports are a bit of pain to get cleanly off near the tip. It would be nice if the included supports had a bit more "gap areas" near the tip
The Fan Casing - not really an "issue", but it uses a lot of support material that is sorta unnecessary. When I print another for a friend, I'll be using this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2971184 It won't require support material, and there's no need for the flange on the front.
Combustion Liner - The only added support needed is a thin sheet right in the middle. I used this remix model which has is included: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2441852 Unfortunately, the model they used is low-poly, so it's not as clean, but when it's printed int's not that noticeable. I also had a few stringy bits on that flange where it seemed to have issues, but it was easily cleaned up.
Other than that, the prints went pretty smoothly.
This was my first major print after setting up my printer in late November. The complexities associated with getting clean parts and setting up the proper supports really forced me to dial things in. This gave me a much better understanding of my printer and slicer.
Thanks again to @CATIAV5FTW for posting this. This is truly an amazing model!
I probably don't have the most efficient g-code, but I've seen a lot of questions on here about time/material/layers/assembly/etc. I've recorded my data, and once I have everything assembled, I'll upload an assembly guide with some info about the parts.