Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Report as inappropriate

All right, I just wanted to try if testing it with NEMA won't ring a bell in my mind.

  1. Oh, forgot about the voltage and current in the motors. I'll take a look at that and adjust it, since I didn't change anything on the drivers, and used them as they came.
  2. Well, as I try different speeds (Hopefully feed rate is the same as movement speed), the motors don't work. For X and Y I had the feed rate 10 for example, and it moved a little little bit and made high-frequency noise. So I found a sweet spot of 1. But now when I think about it, if I have too low current flowing to the motors, this may change.
  3. I tried different accelerations before to make them work in the direction I want, and I tried like 10 numbers between 20 and 300 and none of them helped, so yeah, I think I'll get back to it when all the motors are running smoothly.

To the bipolar hack. I did the same thing with 6 motors (5 by using drill, one by using knife) - cut the connection in the middle. I then measured every of them and confirmed that the connection was broken. And then desoldered the red (middle) cable. I think that is all that is necessary.
Thank you, I realised that I wasn't measureing two different coils, but the same one... So it's the resistance of the coil that makes my multimeter beep.

Will update soon, thank you for now :)