MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Report as inappropriate

Interesting comments here, indicating you all don't pay attention to posts.

The "sample cat" on the SD card is gcode. It can't be edited with cura.
It already has a raft.
The distance between nozzle and bed won't change just because I change filament.
A picture won't help diagnose the problem. The bottom of the print breaks away from its raft, part way through the printing, then spaghetti is extruded.

I tried this design with my red filament: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:923108 (I converted it using cura.)
It worked fine. I expect it will work with the black filament as well. Obviously the sample cat is bad design.

The printer is generally working well. My only complaint is that feeding new filament in is fiddly. I taper the tip of the filament to help, and wiggle & rotate it a lot while it pushing in.
I haven't yet advanced to designing my own stuff. So far the small size hasn't been a problem, except that I'd love to print a pendulum clock, and the Malyan build size is too small for the interesting design I see on thingiverse.

maneki-neko -money cat-
by bs3