MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.
Thanks for the remix to which I have printed.
Thought I would add some notes:
All printed and fitted togethor reasonably well however some issues were discovered,
1) The scoop bit at the front that holds the coins before entering the sorter is missing from the uploaded files. I did download "Monedero_V2_Embudo_8" from the Euro version and upscaled it to 125% and seems to work.
2) What is the "Seperator" for? can't seem to see where it fits.
3) The main axle is too long and allows the coin catcher to lift allowing the coins to get jammed. I ended up making a spacer washer to fit between the initial ramp and gear to prevent the jamming,
4) The coin_tray.stl file "apparently" needed to be repaired and in the process looses the locking tabs at the top of the tray. I tried loading it without the repair and the tabs were still not going to be printed.
5) Unfortunately it seems 5c coins are not really liked by the device and causes jams. Not much I could see could be done about it as it would effect clearances in other places ;(
6) the scoop bit mentioned above is a pain to fit, I have just noticed in your complete unit pic that two off the locking tabs are missing...Was this intentional or did they get broken off?
7) I printed this in PLA initially but found the clip on sections like the handle and gear to axle pieces were braking when trying to assemble. I ended up printing these in ABS.
8) Coins falling into the tray sometimes manage to get some good momentum and end up falling out of the tray, was thinking if I could make up some "extensions" to the slots to help catch the coins.
Overall it was good to print and "nut out" its workings and faults, These points are not intended to be criticisms but aids and guides for future printing of this sorter.